What's your favorite ridiculous scripture?

by veen 21 Replies latest jw friends

• veen
    veen

I'll start

When two men are fighting and the wife of one intervenes to save her husband from the blows of his opponent, if she stretches out her hand and seizes the latter by his private parts, you shall chop off her hand without pity. - DEUTERONOMY 26:11-12

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Apple pie and ice cream

• ex-nj-jw
  • Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

JH is my favourite rat!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jeremiah 25:27

27 “And you must say to them, ‘This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, has said: “Drink and get drunk and puke and fall so that YOU cannot get up because of the sword that I am sending among YOU .”

What a loving God.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Jeremiah 25:27

27 “And you must say to them, ‘This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, has said: “Drink and get drunk and puke and fall so that YOU cannot get up because of the sword that I am sending among YOU .”

Jeremiah 25:27 And thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith Jehovah of hosts, the God of Israel: Drink ye, and be drunken, and spew, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.

The above is from the ASV which apparently served the needs of the WTS until the "scholarly" Fred Franz decided to do his own thing. Look what resulted.

Sylvia

• eclipse
    eclipse
    Jeremiah 25:27 Drink and get drunk and puke and fall so that YOU cannot get up because of the sword that I am sending among YOU .”

I figured that scripture gives humans licence to get shitfaced...unless god only wants us to get drunk when he wants to kill us

because God's not fast enough to catch us when we're sober? It's like shooting fish in a barrel! (If I have that term right)LOL

• veen
    veen

Blinking heck, give me a chance, i'm in the middle of a gig here.

The jeremiah one was my fave when i was a teenager.

• tula
    tula

Hosea 7:8

"Ephraim mixes with other nations. Ephraim, you are like a half-baked loaf of bread.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Judges 1:19- Now the LORD was with Judah, and they took possession of the hill country; but they could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley because they had iron chariots.

WTF??? The God who is going to wipe us out at Armageddon can't defeat iron chariots. LMAO!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit