Is it "Deception" or are they simply "Misguided"???

by The Scotsman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Scotsman...

Here is the file that I think contains some information about the "takeover"... or at least the forcing out of the directors... thereby giving Rutherford total control.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fnwtoh

I have yet to plough through it all.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

...and here is the analogy :

DON'T SPRAY THE APES

Start with a cage containing five apes. In the cage, hang a banana on a string and put stairs under it. Before long an ape will go up the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as the ape touches the banana, spray all apes with cold water. After a while, another ape makes an attempt with the same result - all the apes are sprayed with cold water. Then turn off the cold water.

Now if another ape tries to climb the stairs for the banana the other apes will try to prevent it even though no water sprays them. Now remove one of the five apes from the cage and replace with a new one. The new ape sees the banana and tries to climb the stairs. To his horror, all of the apes attack him. After another attempt he is again attacked. He knows now that if he attempts to climb the stairs he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five apes and replace with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm. Again, replace a third of the original five apes with a new one. The new one makes it to the stairs and is attacked as well. Two of the four apes that beat him up have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs, or why they are participating in the beating of the newest ape. After replacing the fourth and fifth of the original apes there are no longer any apes that have been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no ape ever again approaches the banana. Why not?

"Because that's the way it's always been around here."

That is how policy begins!!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If you grew up in , or spent many years in the Borg, think back to how it was ..The beliefs were of course wacky, certain ones like chronology and blood abstinence you positively avoided talking about because you were uncomfortable with them, and knew that they could not really be defended. But you were a Witness and were proud of it . You would defend it at any cost , because you knew it was the "truth" and was the instrument of God almighty...

Now put that into the situation of the men who have spent decades within the cloisters of Brooklyn . They can see everything that we see but could they think the unthinkable , that is just not true! .."Never may that happen"

I am saying that they are, in my opinion, so blinkered and institutionalised that it would be impossible to imagine that they are simply publishing books without any "spirit direction"

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I must confess I don't believe they are truly evil, as one can get the impression of by reading posts on this forum, but I do believe that what they teach will be seen as evil by outsiders (and in effect is evil or bad), because of the effects it has on their members and their lives. But if I had remained active and 'climbed the ladder' to become an elder, I would have surely believed what I was preaching. If I had been the type to do that, I would also have been the type to be much more restrictive with what I would allow myself to read and see and think about, I imagine. So the end result would've been that I had been a devout elder in some congregation, and would have taught others what I believed. I never made it that far though, 'cause I never had those kinds of goals. I imagine this goes for the rest of them, all the way to the top. I think they for the most part believe what they teach. They believe Jehovah directs them through prayer. Some may doubt it or don't believe in it, but I think most of them probably do.

Remember that to them, whatever you do (or do to people) in this life doesn't really matter that much, because the 'real life' hasn't begun yet, and the 'real life' (eternal life) is what's a stake if one is disobedient. You die from denying a blood transfusion?Them:"No biggie, 'cause you'll get a resurrection."Rest of world:"Indirect murder of your members".

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes there is so much love in the JWS isn't there, it's so obvious killing, death and mayhem and allot of apathy toward mankind it's the true Christian way, but

nevertheless the literature sells, and thats the main idea isn't, as with every publishing house.

The boys in Brooklyn know very well whose feeding them.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    nevertheless the literature sells, and thats the main idea isn't, as with every publishing house.

Mr H. Simpson... I think that you have hit the proverbial nail on the head... I think that is the essence of their purpose now.

What better business ???
    "Selling" literature (printed by free workers) to a captive audience - then "study" that literature to make sure everyone has obtained a copy !

Add to that, the money to be made from investing in land and property (most of which has been build with free labour).

• greendawn
    greendawn

In my view it is 100% trickery and deception and to the extend they don't know that what they believe or do is wrong that is all down to self deception which means hypocrisy.

Their entire a priori plan is to manipulate and exploit their members to enrich the WTS and those hiding behind it. See how they dealt with people in 1981 during the Bethel witch hunt.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Power is absolute and so is money

• JeffT
    JeffT

The 1974 yearbook had a quote from the "advertize" speech that Rutherford gave in 1919 that looked more or less like "'Do you believe...then adveritize, advertize, advertize advertize the king and his kingdom.'"

When I was in the process of leaving a ran across a complete text. What they left out was all about Jesus coming back in 1874, the time of the end beginning in 1878 and a number of other things that most JW's today would regard as nonsense. It immediately struck me that whoever wrote that passage in the Yearbook HAD to have known what should have been contained in the ellipses. I have thought ever since that they are deliberately deceiving their followers, at least at some level.

• greendawn
    greendawn

True, the original belief of the JWs or Bible Student sa sthey were then known was that Jesus returned invisibly in 1874 and 1914 would be Armageddon.

When 1914 failed they moved forward that so called invisible presence to 1914 and armageddon to ever changing dates until 1995 when this armageddon date was indefinitely postponed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit