What a difference a year makes.

by Billzfan23 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Sounds fabulous! Wow all those "naughty" jw things: indulging your kids, making them feel important to you, relaxing with those you love, having a life already--hell, having a moment to yourself. . .how dare!!! I love it!

Thanks for the update, yes, what a difference a year makes. And welcome to the 'A' list!!

• JK666
    JK666

Billzfan,

Thank you for filling us in on your progress. Please let us know how everything turns out with custody once the divorce is final. Also, let us know the story of how you found your new girlfriend, as it might be encouraging to those in a similar situation.

Thanks again

JK

• carlitos
    carlitos

same experiences her: since my departure 6 years ago: *new marriage *1 happy 5 year old *soccer games *holidays *ballet *tap dance *swim lessons *violin lessons *etc, etc....

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

That is fantastic! For those who doubt, there really is life outside the borg...and it can be great!

Congrats on your freedom! Enjoy every minute!

Coffee

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Thanks for the great post. Been there and done that. As I continue my fade I want to

avoid the title "apostate" for the sake of my wife and other family members.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

This post neesd to be a sticky or something for all to read.

We all had F@up schedules like that, trying to earn the blessings of a man made organization, that claim's to speak for god, while ignoring all of the pertinant facts of his word.

• greendawn
    greendawn

What I noticed, your case is an example of how easily the WTS writes off at a stroke all the work one did on their behalf, surely that can't be right. I don't know how you could put up with all those JW related duties while working full time. But fortunately things moved on well for you.

• sparrow
    sparrow

awesome. I'm with the-borg. I was a crap witness too. Imagine how good you are going to do putting that time and effort into your own life and kids...

• tonic
    tonic

I always tried "throwing my burden on Jehovah" but found he wasn't a very good catch. Congrats on realizing how great life can be. My friends tell me that when I left it was like night and day... from a very unhappy JW to an obviously fulfilled person. There will always be problems, but at least now you don't have to deny reality.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

BF23,

Congrats on the successful transition. I'm really happy to hear that things worked out with your custody battle. Sounds like you get to spend a ton of time with your kids which is one of the most important things a father can do. Your story is an inspiration and thank you for sharing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit