They Have a Reason for EVERYTHING

by R.F. 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.F.
    R.F.

I'm have my local congregation in mind.

According to others, since i've severed my JW activities, the congregation has been going on a sharp decline in regards to morale. The number of DF/DAings has reached to a total of 11 now within one year, and more have received public reproof. Why is all of this happening? The local JWs say it's because "Jehovah is sifting out the mess....preparing his people to be clean to enter the new system" One sister I ran into a couple weeks ago told me that i'd be included in "the mess" unless I hurry and get back to the meetings. How encouraging.

Active young people in the congregation are virtually non-existent now. Many thought of me as the somewhat "last-hope" for young people actually doing something in the Borg. I was the only one that was "reaching out" while the other young males were doing their own thing. I hear now in recent months that they are starting to resemble me when it comes to Borg activities. Why is this happening? The local JWs say it's because "Jehovah is testing our young people to be future leaders of the congregation". I guess i'm failing.

Also, there hasn't been a new JW recruit in this congregation in YEARS. Ones visit and show a little interest, but after attending meetings for a little while they suddenly stop showing up. Hmm....I wonder why? The only ones that are getting baptized these days in this congo are children of JW parents and adults that have been around the organization their entire life and finally decide to take the plunge. Why no growth in this area? The local JWs say "We're taking part in a gleaning work in this area. We're gathering up the last few before the end of this system."

No matter how gloomy the future looks for JWs in this area, there's always some "higher reason" behind it all. I see it as a way to get the old faithful to STAY faithful no matter how pitiful things get.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I heard the "gleaning" theory back in the late 1970's when there was a noticeable stop in the organization's growth. But it couldn't have been their false 1975 prophecy that caused people to stop coming to the JW's!! No, it was all Jehovah's will, that a few remaining ones be gleaned before the impending end of this system.

It's funny that the "gleaning" theory is being resurrected 30 years later. And it's so predictable.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    " Jehovah is sifting out the mess....preparing his people to be clean to enter the new system "

So he must be doing that worldwide, not just locally. It is true that numbers are basically down.
    It always amazes me that a growing number proved Jehovah's blessings- therefore THE TRUTH
    and a shrinking number proved Jehovah's sifting or weeding out- therefore THE TRUTH.
    I guess Jehovah is about to bring Armageddon upon more than 99.9% of the world. I didn't hear
    about any massive outreach to convert Muslims and Buddists and Hindus and the like, yet.
    Why did Jah give up on them?

Many thought of me as the somewhat "last-hope" for young people

So much pressure upon one is terrible. This is the same reason 10 year olds get baptized- pressure.
    Jehovah draws those worthy of salvation. If there are young people out there who aren't evil, Jah is
    supposed to find them, unless they are not in Christian lands. You know- Muslims and Buddists and
    Hindus and the like.

there hasn't been a new JW recruit in this congregation in YEARS.

Same all over the states and other places. All the national growth is those 10 year olds, and foreign
    language congregations. You can't really convince a JW that this is just wrong. They will say that
    the seed is being choked by the world, so it should be expected. I say that God has given up on the
    Muslims, Buddists, Hindus, and the like AND NOW has given up on the Americans and Brits along
    with many other Europeans. What a wonderful God. Bring the end upon them and let less than
    0.1% clean up the mess.

• minimus
    minimus

And if they can't answer something, you'll hear, "Just leave it in Jehovah's hands".

• snowbird
    snowbird

The same for this area. There is NO interest and NO increase. The so-called preaching work is laughable;a nonproductive and inefficient waste of time.

I grew so tired of hearing, vary our routine, vary our approach, adjust our presentation to fit the circumstances, etc. Is it any wonder morale has reached an all-time low? Young ones in the org are as scarce as hen's teeth. There is nothing to keep them there.

Sylvia

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    One sister I ran into a couple weeks ago told me that i'd be included in "the mess" unless I hurry and get back to the meetings.

Proud to be in the "mess" w/ you, my dear

• R.F.
    R.F.
    I say that God has given up on the Muslims, Buddists, Hindus, and the like AND NOW has given up on the Americans and Brits along
    with many other Europeans. What a wonderful God. Bring the end upon them and let less than
    0.1% clean up the mess. .

Many believe that's what Jehovah is doing. Directing the organization to put it's focus more into 3rd world countries. "That's why they're pushing the foreign language field"....they say.

snowbird- I only wonder how long it will be until the R&F just get fed up with the work and stop.

sweetface- glad to have you along.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

It is a dying religion.......and we are witnessing its death throes....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Many believe that's what Jehovah is doing. Directing the organization to put it's focus more into 3rd world countries. "That's why they're pushing the foreign language field"....they say.

Yeah, and that leads rank and file to assume there's a push into Muslim, Buddist, Hindu lands.
    There really is not. The 3rd world countries are mostly African and S. American (okay, some Asian) where
    Christendom has already had success. WTS is like the hyena sneaking in after the lions make the kill.

Yeah, anything that happens- up or down, good or bad, gaining or reducing, buying property in Brooklyn
    or selling property in Brooklyn, building Halls or selling Halls, ANYTHING is proof that this is God's
    organization. They DO have a reason for EVERYTHING.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They need to justify everything that points to failure on the part of their organisation because they have invested so much into it they don't want to believe that it was all a waste of money, time and energy.

So they had to come up with the final sifting work idea, to keep their fairy tale going. That they are being used to separate the world just before the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit