A Dispassionate Short History of the JWs

by Farkel 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

Fellow Friends, Folks, Warriers and Dubs,

This is a nice read. I apologize if this link has been posted before, as I've been busy with serial killing and such and haven't checked out the latest collected works and blubberings of Minimus and other wise and erudite illuminaries who profer their wisdom here. Ad nauseum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses#History

Farkel, same Sparkle as ever

• Clam
    Clam

Welcome back Brother Farkel. If only the net had been around in those early days. Wonder what username Charles Taze would've opted for on the anachronistic JehovahsWitnessDiscussion forum?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

At the risk of slobbering like an excited puppy ( I could have said worse ya know!) may I say how great it IS to see you posting here again, Doug!!! It's been forever since I have seen a post from you! Very nice to SEE you again!

hugs,

Annie

• Farkel
    Farkel

Annie,

I'm blushing!

As I read through this article, I found this statement about the number of languages the WTS publishes their vile bile in as astonishing and probably incorrect:

: they also publish many brochures, tracts, books, Bible maps, and encyclopedias including the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. All publications now available in 432 languages.

Bile in just one language is still bile. Bile in 200 languages is still bile. But bile in 432 languages? There must be a typo here because the only place I know where there are 432 languages spoken is in the U.S. Congress when in session!

Farkel

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I am so excited about your return, that I haven't even read the article yet. Welcome back.

• Scully
    Scully

Farkel!!!

• badboy
    badboy

FARKEL,WELCOME BACK.

HOW MUCH SERIAL KILLING HAVE YOU DONE?

• Farkel
    Farkel

: HOW MUCH SERIAL KILLING HAVE YOU DONE?

Not nearly enough, I can tell you that!

Farkel, sameo sameo Sparkle(tm)

:)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Bile in just one language is still bile. Bile in 200 languages is still bile. But bile in 432 languages? There must be a typo here because the only place I know where there are 432 languages spoken is in the U.S. Congress when in session!

(Their) poison comes in many different appealing flavors to tempt the unwary and the cult-uneducated in many lands.

• TMS
    TMS

Farkel,

Since you left office, Minimus has served two terms as our president. It has not been JWD's finest hour.

JW apologists like JCanon have had the run of the place.

JWD took up a collection and sent Judah Ben Shroeder to Columbia Law School.

Almost no dickheads have been called such.

All posts are now text-messaged.

I hope you brought your work boots.

tms

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit