The fond memories of JW parties

by cultswatter 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

One time we all got good and drunk while scrubing the carpets in the hall, drinking beer from WY high point beer thanks to a brother who went up there each week end to buy beer and bring back home. Now that was a good party.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

There is no joy in Whoville

• greendawn
    greendawn

I didn't even know the JWs organised parties as social events where I was the situation was grim, unless one had his social circle it meant being left outside of the social life of the congo. For a newcomer getting into any of these circles was very difficult.

• Sasha
    Sasha

I remember them as the "brothers" would tell all the women "go get me that eclair" or "go get me some more food". Serve me, I am the brother and you are the sister.....Actually, how I grew up, with the men doing nothing and the women doing it all!

• knock knock
    knock knock

I can't recall ever being at a JW party. Lucky me huh? I heard stories though. Usually how someone got called in the back room afterwards for behavior unbecoming etc. What a group of people eh? It's all about the image.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Having been a member of a JW band, we did weddings receptions and the like, I was witness to some of the hardiest, partyin' peeps in my time.

Y'all M&F'rs can dance y'alls arses off. I never saw any others, put they thing down harder.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

One thing i've noticed when i go to weddings or so forth with my hubby is the organization. I giggle silently when they ANNOUNCE to please watch your children, keep them from going in and out of the door, or, "okay brothers and sisters, we will now going to eat and the line forms over here..." Are you kidding me? I asked this of a friend (jw) and she explained that without order and instruction you create chaos. Jeeez...

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Take it back now y'all.
    Sliiiiiiiide to da lef'
    Sliiiiiiiide to da rite
    Everybody clap yo' hands

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I was actually at a JW wedding a few nights ago. They had bar service....for ONE HOUR. That's right. They opened the bar at 6, only to promptly close at 7. I got my last beer at about 7:05 and there were a couple people in line behind me. Quite a literal "happy hour."

It was a fancy catered deal (which is...unusual for a witness wedding in my area). The meat was dry and terrible, and the mashed potatoes had an incredibly funky taste. I had RSVP'd and in turns out the witnesses love following orders so much, TOO many of them showed up to the dinner uninvited. I ended up not being able to sit at my table but instead had to sit with at the groom's insane mother's table. I scarfed down the food and went over to the table I was assigned to (they had meticulously planned the seating so that all the friends could sit together) visit my friends. The Emcee was not kicking people out like he was supposed to be doing, annoying my friend who was an usher quite a bit.

I left as soon as the "Sliiiiiiiiiiide to the lef'....Sliiiiiiiiiide to da rite" song came on. When I got home and took off my suit I saw that I had a 6" tear in the rear of my $700 suit. Ugh. It wasn't the greatest party of all time.

• delilah
    delilah
    I left as soon as the "Sliiiiiiiiiiide to the lef'....Sliiiiiiiiiide to da rite" song came on. When I got home and took off my suit I saw that I had a 6" tear in the rear of my $700 suit. Ugh. It wasn't the greatest party of all time.

LMAO....I dunno about the rest of ya'll, but the last JW wedding I went to, was an elder's daughter. It was a lot of fun, really, now that I think about it. Everyone in the wedding party was pretty much trashed, as were the elder and his wife, (parents of the bride)

The poor young couple are now divorced, and the daughter was df'd......

Seriously tho', I do remember a lot of the parties were in fact, ultra boring, snooze fests....the teens would sneak out and have their own parties later.....THEY were fun!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit