HALO 3: Anybody getting it?

by jeeprube 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• Es
    Es

sure are!!!

es

• marmot
    marmot

SirNose, yep you can unlock the MKV Mjolnir armor, in addition to almost a dozen other helmet & armor patterns including a "samurai" helmet modeled by the guys at Team Ninja to look like the Ninja Gaiden helmet.

Pretty psyched about the whole deal.

• zeroday
    zeroday

I think I read somewhere you can modify the maps on live play. Anyone know more about that?

• marmot
    marmot

Yeah, they call that option the Forge. You can alter maps, weapon placement, spawn points, vehicles, ANYTHING in real time during a multiplayer map. The way it works is that in mid-game you can switch into a Guilty Spark-like orb and do all the alterations and switch back to see how it works out. You can save the maps and upload them to bungie.net anytime.

IGN.com was gushing praise over it.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Can anyone do that or just the host...

• marmot
    marmot

From what I understand, you can set it up so that anyone has the ability to switch, and you're vulnerable while transformed.

Each player gets a certain amount of "points" that they can used towards altering map geometry, "buying" vehicles, adding weapons and teleporters and the like, etc.

• zeroday
    zeroday

I've been playing COD 2 for 1.5 years now. I got COD 3 but it was horrible. With Halo 3 and COD 4 coming out in November I should be set for quite some time...

• Simon
    Simon

Well, the kids have been looking forward to it so we'll probably get it ... ehem, for them. So I'm a good father.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Here's my gamer tag maybe we can get an apostate clan together...

zeroday131

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    SirNose, yep you can unlock the MKV Mjolnir armor, in addition to almost a dozen other helmet & armor patterns including a "samurai" helmet modeled by the guys at Team Ninja to look like the Ninja Gaiden helmet.

Pretty psyched about the whole deal.

Sick. IF the multiplayer is good--and I say if because I thought H2 needed major balances right out of the box, and I don't know if Bungie's learned their lesson (H1's awesome balance was more or less a "fluke")--then I wouldn't mind dropping some dough on a 360 + H3...but it'll take a lot to pull me away from the siren call of PC gaming...

I've been playing COD 2 for 1.5 years now. I got COD 3 but it was horrible. With Halo 3 and COD 4 coming out in November I should be set for quite some time...

Glad to hear that, zeroday. I was worried the console-only COD3 was a great game that I was missing out on. COD2 is great, and I still play it myself from time to time. I'll definitely check out COD4.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit