Russian Court Denounces Jehovah's Witnesses as 'Extremist'-- The Moscow Times Mar. 04 2015

by defender of truth 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"A court in southern Russia has denounced a local organization of Jehovah's Witnesses as "extremist" and ordered it disbanded, the Interfax news agency reported Wednesday, in the latest in a long line of such rulings issued to the religious group in Russia.

The group's building and surrounding land will be confiscated by the local government in the town of Abinsk, Krasnodar region, the court ruled.The group had been distributing publications titled "Humanity in Search of God" and "What Does the Bible Really Teach?" that were included in the federal list of extremist materials and are banned for distribution in the country, the news report said. "

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/mobile/news/article/russian-court-denounces-jehovah-s-witnesses-as-extremist/517026.html

• galaxie
    galaxie

Anyone or group or organisation who preaches that there are.. supernatural beings judging us and require obeisance. ..that there is a devil influencing our human affairs...that human beings after death can be transported to another realm ( of unknown origin )...that human beings can live forever (as a reward for adhering to interpreted myth by some guys from New York under the guise of being chosen by way of an ancient parable )... that some ancient bloke brought someone back from death, changed water into wine , fed thousands of people using a few loaves and fish ,a snake was able to speak, stopped the flow of a major river and and so on and so forth.....is not extreme but extremely sensible ....NOT !!!!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't feel sorry for them. You can believe, have a bible and discuss your faith without breaking the law in your country. Has any Government actually outlawed the Bible? That would be different. Normally, we are just talking about a government banning the in-your-face/Rutherfraud style of preaching.

If Jeehoobster wants "da troof" to be preached, what better way to show it than to obey the law while doing so? Surely that would show how he is all-powerful. You beat them by holy-spirit, not by disobeying the superior authorities in direct conflict of the holy writ. 😏

DD

• BU2B
    BU2B
    Russia is correct to rule them extremist. However this is counter productive as it just feeds into the persecution complex of the cult members. Soviet Russia sent JWs to Siberia and they came out even stronger. Persecution actually strengthens the cult.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't more prosecution make them believe that the attack of Gog of Magog have begun? If so, wouldn't it be easier to show them that their prediction was wrong as the false religions should have been attacked first?
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    BU2B Russia is correct to rule them extremist. However this is counter productive as it just feeds into the persecution complex of the cult members. Soviet Russia sent JWs to Siberia and they came out even stronger. Persecution actually strengthens the cult.
    Russia has a long and sordid history of 'Christian' cults that dates back to the very beginnings of the spread of Orthodox Christianity in Russia. For several centuries, the 'Word' was taught by semi-literate and or/illiterate monks who had wandered into the steppes of Russia and Siberia. These monks and religious adherents, fanatical in nature, would have at times, only a text or two of Biblical text memorized, and from that, they would build a whole following of uneducated people. What resulted was fragmented, strange cults that practiced just as strange rituals. Odd sexual practices were common among these cults.
    It was from this cultural background that Rasputin emerged in the early 1900s, just prior to the Russian revolution of 1917.. He was the monk credited with the downfall of the Romanov Empire.
    I think that the history of 'extremist cults' is just too recent in the Russian memory for them to accept another cult.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    As much as I despise them I think the Witnesses and any other religion should have freedom of worship in any country.
  • steve2
    steve2

So let me get this straight:

The Russian secular authorities, who have a shocking and intractable history of extreme measures to subjugate and abuse the citizenry, rule that the Witnesses are an extremist group for distributing religious brochures that preach the Bible and bans them?

I guess the ruling has the virtue of being true to form.

There is of course the unintended bitter irony that the GB enacts its own rulings and associated abuses by the way it seeks to stamp out anything it views as "extremism" in its own ranks.

I g

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"A court in southern Russia has denounced a local organization of Jehovah's Witnesses as "extremist"

http://www.extestigosdejehova.cl/imagenes/62_watchtower_logo_clip_image002_0001.jpgImage result for Ha ha

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Takes one to know one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit