I'm the Ice Cream man stop me when I'm passin' by

by 5thGeneration 34 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Forgive if posted already.

Today's WT par.16:

"Consider the case of a Christian man in a country in the Orient. He had a well paying job as a computer technician. However, his work occupied practically all of his time and left him feeling spiritually impoverished. Finally, instead of trying to get ahead in his job, he quit and took up making ice cream and selling it on the street [italics mine] so that he would have more time to care for his spiritual needs and responsibilities..."

Unbelievable! When will they stop???

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

And though they hold him up as a great example today......when one day he cannot support his family, and Armageddon doesn't come post haste.... the watchtower will ignore his plight. They will discard him like some used up rag. They will be on to the next fine example for the flock to emulate.

Coffee

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I bet he was blind too, 5th!

LMAO!

It's so sad.

All we can do is laugh... to stop ourselves from crying.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

How about a Brother who was a CEO of a $Billion Company who became a Pizza Boy so he could pioneer!

That would be sweet!

Hey, there he goes now!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

...and he had to wade across crocodile infested waters to conduct the meeting for service and no one else showed up. W.Once

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    ...and he had to wade across crocodile infested waters to conduct the meeting for service and no one else showed up. W.Once

Precisely.

But wait...there's more.

He preached till sundown.

He was hungry.

He was parched.

He was ready to retire for the evening, he had to traverse that crocodile-infested river yet again, but he felt the need to knock on one last hut.

Turns out, the householder had been praying to God that He send a sign.

A study was started with the householder, the village witchdoctor.

Now he's a Circuit Overseer.

By the way, he's also just a torso, as he's lost all his appendages whilst crossing the many crocodile-infested rivers in his assignments.

Makes one ask...am I REALLY doing enough?

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

BUT...

The converted witchdoctor went hut-to-hut asking for donations and Jehovah moved them all to pitch in and buy a new power wheelchair with inflatable water wings so that our dear brother could continue in his service. What a blessing!

To be continued...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    What a blessing!

Amen!

The blessing of Jehovah, that is what makes rich...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    "Consider the case of a Christian man in a country in the Orient. He had a well paying job as a computer technician. However, his work occupied practically all of his time and left him feeling spiritually impoverished. Finally, instead of trying to get ahead in his job, he quit and took up making ice cream and selling it on the street [italics mine] so that he would have more time to care for his spiritual needs and responsibilities..."

So he's an Oriental guy? That narrows it down...I guess they didn't want to make it too easy to track him down and find out the real story.

Follow up we'd love to see: "And today Ben (for that was his name) and his partner, Jerry are making a fortune."

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration
    "And today Ben (for that was his name) and his partner, Jerry are making a fortune."

All of which they put in the contribution box for the Society's Worldwide Work!

What a fine example to us all...

Are YOU giving enough?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit