Arrogance and Asinity I say!

by AK - Jeff 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shell69
    shell69

Sorry if I'm going off at a bit of tangent here,

was walking my dog thismorning and thinking about something my religious nut mother said to me years ago.

My Dad who was 'fading', passed comment to her that he didn;t need the religion, and didnt need the 'crutch' that was the religion to enable him to limp along in life.

I remember my mum saying, several months later when my dad died suddenly; 'when he made that statement I just knew he was dead.' (or words to the effect of)

It got me to thinking; this is really the way these ppl think? Theyre just sick? My dad did'nt ask to die just coz he made that statement, and if JW'd telling me that my dad was taken away from me at the age of 19, him just 42, purley becoz he had doubt about nthe religion them what the f**k kind of god is that?

Like is said; apologies if I've gone off on a tangent; I'm in recovery, and my mind is sometimes all over the place

Kindest regards

Shell

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

No apology needed Shell. Very pertinent comments. They think in a box so tightly sealed with their own delusions, that they actually believe these sort of credulities.

Sorry to hear of your early life loss of your dad too.

Jeff

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Just the one "S" will do, Jeff!

Well, one "s" and another "in" - as-i-nin-i-ty

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well poop! Ok let me try it again;

Asininity. I thought it looked wrong somehow. Too damned tired when I started the thread.

Jeff

• greendawn
    greendawn

It shows how far they have gone off the rails this thinking is paranoid, they are constantly feeling under stress through someone powerful constantly seeking to harm them. It's as if they are at the front of the war, not a good attitude for feeling relaxed and well adjusted to life.

Even more they don't seem to have the kind of mutual solidarity that would make them feel secure as a group.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Jeff,

Good post.

Yes, the JWs are the ultimate example of delusion.

Since the KH is, literally, just around the conrer.....a five minute walk at most...I pass it a couple of times or more a day. It is a monument to waste: a waste of time, money, effort..I mean, just name it and if it is a "contribution" of any type toward the WT it is good feed stuffed in the mouth of a dead, decaying horse. The GB is standing above the horse telling all what a fine and wonderful animal it is.

Delusion....complete and final.

Hang tough, bro, and GET SOME SLEEP!!

Wtih you,

V

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I think it translates to total arrogance to believe that, out of all the billions of people, not only has God accepted your worship while rejecting that of billions of other sincere people, but to go a step further and accept that the Devil has trained his Dragunov on them

The reason they can believe that crap is because the Watchtower Society has

given them a trigger scripture for this: "Broad and spacious is the road

leading off into destruction, but narrow and cramped is the road leading

to life." (I'm trying to quote from memory).

But you see, even after all these years, when I saw your statement, the

"trigger" scripture clicked into my brain, and if I were still a JW, that is the

scripture I would quote to you to overcome your objection.

SEE HOW THEIR MIND-CONTROL WORKS !? It is so pervasive and ingrained

that you still "hear" it after being out for years and years. Don't tell me this is not a cult!

• JeffT
    JeffT

What's funny is to talk to some one who has no particular connection to JW's. Dubs think they're the center of the universe, but nobody else thinks about them AT ALL. The only time they get noticed is when they bang on the door on Saturday morning. The 5,994,000,000 or so people on Earth who aren't dubs don't know much of anything about what they believe ("Are those the people that hate Christmas?"). Certainly the vindication of Jehovah's name is an unkown concept to everybody else.

• tula
    tula
    'Now you have gone and done it. The Devil is not able to read minds, but he is able to hear us speak. He may have just heard that statement, and knows now what tools to use to break you.'

I have been admonished for saying things on the phone. And was told wait till in person. I didn't know why that would make any difference as the subject was still voiced. But yet I have been told the VERY SAME thing you said here. So I wondered...well what? Should I write a note or will Satan read it, too.

I should have asked where is that scriptural.

Where do they get that statement from Jeff? Is it just speculation?

Also I was told you must be in company of 3 total and have prayer first. Because prayer is like "encrypted" or something and Satan cannot decipher it and thus, it locks satan out of the conversation.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Where do they get that statement from Jeff? Is it just speculation?

Also I was told you must be in company of 3 total and have prayer first. Because prayer is like "encrypted" or something and Satan cannot decipher it and thus, it locks satan out of the conversation.

I'm not sure where they get it from to be honest. I think it to be a natural outgrowth of the paranoid delusion they live. They are constantly reminded that they are attached to the remnant 'who will be dwelling in the center of the earth', open and unprotected when Satan's hordes fall upon them.

I pity those who somehow elevate themselves to the level they do - expecting that God will be with them. And actually needing tribulation and attack to verify the correctness of their assertions. They are not able to prove their Christianity without persecution, for they forbid real 'good works', and instead preach a counterfiet 'good news' that demands survival as the proof that God had indeed chosen them. They deny any interest in retributary thinking, yet expect retribution as evidence that all along God was with them.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit