Google Earth

by Lloyd Braun 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Lloyd Braun
    Lloyd Braun

Heavily populated areas are going to be more detailed I think. There is still much cartography to be viewed by satellite or sessna.

• oompa
    oompa

Horrible life--if your town is near any military or government sensitive area it will be intentionly blurred in the closer modes. I see that a lot when looking for water front properties on the east coast. If the propery is even near a coast guard dock it will all be blurred.

like to see clearly....oompa

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I love Google Earth! I recently was talking to my son who lives over a thousand miles from me and we both got on Google Earth and looked at each others houses.

What we found was interesting......the picture we saw of each others houses was at least two or more years old! We could tell by landmarks and also the autos parked in our driveways! Weird!!

Anyone else notice that? How could the information be so old?

• horrible life
    horrible life

Oompa

Horrible life--if your town is near any military or government sensitive area it will be intentionally blurred in the closer modes. I see that a lot when looking for water front properties on the east coast. If the property is even near a coast guard dock it will all be blurred.

60 miles North, is an ammunition plant. But I would think that would be a long way. Is it? I'm landlocked in the middle of the U.S. The only Coast Guard we ever see, is on CSI Miami.

I need more ideas oompa. I really would like to see some things in my area, from a birds eye view.

One idea, I just thought of, While I am at work, in a nearby small town I hear jets fly over. My husband says that the Air Force, 180 miles away, come down and practice buzzing everything. We are just hicks down in the poor side of the state, they can get away with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit