SWALKER

This is regional so not everyone in U.S. gets to see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XKhRx3udxk&mode=related&search=

Swalker

• Scully
  • morganphoenix
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

I collect commercials I like, mostly from my own videos or taped off television. I have so many I could make a 3-hour DVD with them. Anyway here are some of my favorites:

Farmer's Insurance:

These two by Farmer's Insurance are among my all-time favorites. I just love seeing stuff backwards and these two commercials were so well executed. I like in the first one how they initially trick you by having a bird flying normally over the roiling sea which makes you think it's not backwards until you see what happens. And the one with the bear is cute. They make it look like the bear is repairing the car rather than trashing it.

Geico Insurance:

These were from the ad campaign that made it look like it wasn't a Geico commercial but some other program. The first was a hilarious "soap opera" spoof and the second was an ad for a nonexistent "Tiny House" reality show. Probably the best commercial on television this decade.

I liked the Geico ad with the dogs and the dreamy music, and seeing Peter Graves saying "I was one lucky woman" in such a deadpan way always gets me in stitches.

The gecko ones aren't as good but I like the escalator one because the gecko says he only has 10 seconds to capture our attention and say his spiel and then he is cut off mid-word, "I frankly don't think it's even poss-". The other one here is totally stupid but so stupid it makes me laugh every time.

Okay, the Geico cavemen commercials....The first one they did is still my favorite...I just loved the surrealness of a caveman boom operator being pissed off and the announcer saying "I didn't know you were there!" The one with the therapist is awesome because she betrays her prejudice so subtly, and the fake cable news ad was also great. Unfortunately, however, the cavemen kinda wear out their welcome when they show the ads so dang much!

Nationwide Insurance:

Get the feeling that the best ads on TV are insurance ads? Nationwide also has a series of cool spots. The best is the one on the left which is jam packed with accidental happenings like a squirrel causing a topless girl to be seen by her neighbor which causes him to spray his hose at a construction worker in a caterpillar machine who falls into a hole causing his load to be launched into this guy's house. And then the current ad with the guy flipping a switch on and off repeatedly that makes his neighbor's garage door go up and down on her car. Not sure how that works tho.

Liberty Mutual Insurance:

I guess on a similar theme, there are the Liberty Mutual ads, like the one with a teacher dropping a car from the roof of the high school to teach her kids about car safety or the one with the shopping cart that runs away from a shopping market, crosses streets and dodges trucks, causing a car to swerve, hit a telephone pole which then crashes down on a parked car.

Miscellaneous:

Here are some random ones. Remember Missy and the Goth, dorm mates meeting for the first time on a Dell commercial? The United commercial giving a person's life in somewhat somber music was moving. The Mac-PC ads are okay and the one with the Japanese girl standing in as a digital camera was pretty cute. The E-Trade "Power of One Finger" commercial is good too, you can with one finger save Holland .... or flip the bird to your boss as you quit.

Commercials I Hate:

There are however so many commercials I hate....those Head-On ads, the Avis "I wanna rock" ad and Avis one about the guy in love with his rental car GPS system (both really stupid ads), the Comcast ads, and many more than I can remember. But I taped the two Nutrisystem ads that make me laugh every time because these people sound like they have horrible spouses...the girl on the left says that after she lost weight her husband now calls her "his trophy wife" and the guy on the right says that after he lost weight "my wife tells me I'm not as disgusting to her as I used to be". Eeeaaachhhh!!!

• TheSilence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit