What the C.O. said right there on the Platform

by Uncertain 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

There was a very likable elder in my congregation years ago similar to the guy you describe. He wasn't like the others; he was creative and actually entertaining. Actually Lovable.

Today he has his own website "Towerwatch"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Many years ago when the Revelation book was being studied for the first time, somebody made a joke about 'Emerald City' and the wicked old witch being dead. I guess the illustrations in the book reminded people of that movie.

The equivalent of 'paying no attention to the man behind the curtain' would be them telling everybody not to look at the internet.

LHG

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Reading the news on line? There is nothing wrong with that, but there are many JW's who act like the Internet is tabu. It amazes me how many things even the elders look down upon and then either do it themselves eventually or suddenly change their minds and then everything is proper and acceptable afterall. Hypocrites. We really need to be careful what we ourselves consider wrong or bad, because we are all susceptible to eventually doing whatever we claimed was wrong.

LINDA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit