JWs preaching at college

by truman 15 Replies latest jw friends

• truman
    truman

Today, while I was making my way across my college campus between classes, I encountered a surprising sight. There in the quad was a table with literature spread out on it, and two JWs sitting beside a sign proclaiming "free Bible course".

How interesting, in light of all the recent denouncing of higher education, that they should be right there in the middle of academia. Even more interesting, and even a bit intriguing, was the fact that on the JW's information table, not a single Watchtower was to be found. Neither was there any obvious identification of them as JWs. The literature on the table was only the Awake and a few brochures about 'the new world'.

The lack of open JWness about their display made me wonder whether they were trying to reel people in before disclosing that fact. I don't believe I have ever seen a JW info table before without a Watchtower.

I did not stop to speak to them today, but I may if they are there next week.

• avengers
    avengers

Were they trying to get people to quit college?

• JK666
    JK666

Man, what a gig!

You know nobody is going to want to talk to you. Talk about easy service time, you could probably listen to your iPod all afternoon and count time straight through.

JK

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I've seen them at my school too.

Maybe I should stop by, and have a little chat.

• anewme
    anewme

Its really weird what the Watchtower gets them to do.

What losers to fall for such manipulation.

Its embarrassing to say I ever was one of them.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Some from my old cong. were rostered on at my wifes Polytechnic during this years Orientation Week. Of course, your average student is too pissed to talk religion and on the other hand waits until he's pissed before he talks religion.

I'm told they just sat in their tent counting time! Bless them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope the college administrations start kicking these Witlesses out of the campus that do this. This only serves to drive the customers away because those who join the Witlesses are only going to be asked and hounded to drop out of college at once so they can pioneer. And it is going to take effect within a semester or two. Potentially, if a person is a freshman when they start, they are going to drop out before their sophomore year from the hounding, costing the college three years of tuition and the student a chance to get that paper that is the ticket to a decent job.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Stop by and ask them if it is true JW's discourage their own children from getting a University education ?

Better yet print off some actual quotes and articles from KM's ,assembly parts about their view on advanced education and give it to the administration office . I wonder if they really knew the true nature of JW's if they would allow them to set up camp on school grounds.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    Stop by and ask them if it is true JW's discourage their own children from getting a University education ?

And while you're at it talking about higher education, ask them if they are counting time in their ministry. Actually, ask them if they didn't have to report their field service time, would they still be doing what they are doing. Of course they will deny your claim. But inside, they know the truth about the matter.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Today, while I was making my way across my college campus between classes, I encountered a surprising sight. There in the quad was a table with literature spread out on it, and two JWs sitting beside a sign proclaiming "free Bible course".

How interesting, in light of all the recent denouncing of higher education, that they should be right there in the middle of academia. Even more interesting, and even a bit intriguing, was the fact that on the JW's information table, not a single Watchtower was to be found. Neither was there any obvious identification of them as JWs. The literature on the table was only the Awake and a few brochures about 'the new world'.

The lack of open JWness about their display made me wonder whether they were trying to reel people in before disclosing that fact. I don't believe I have ever seen a JW info table before without a Watchtower.

Reminds me of the Scientology tables that say "Free Stress Test" or "Free Personality Test".....with no hint of it being about Scientology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit