Canadian Dollar almost at Par with the US Dollar

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I don't know if that's good or not.....

For companies in Canada exporting to the US, it means less profits, so possible layoffs.

For those travelling to the US, it's good news, cause it costs less to buy US money now.

What's your take on this?

• JK666
    JK666

One thing is for sure, we have stopped making "Northern Peso" jokes about the Canadian dollar!

JK

• golf2
    golf2

JH, I saw that in the news this morning. My friend and I keep tabs on gold and silver. Gold has gone up and so will silver in the months to come. It's worth investing in silver. Our 'fiat' money is not backed up by gold or silver!

Golf

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and the US dollar is at a record low against the euro

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I will not be visiting and fishing the Riduea(spelling?) canal lakes.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I was in Montreal last month and it was very expensive!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

When there's a lot more of something it's worth less. Just wait till countries stop holding on to all the dollars they've collected.

• BrentR
    BrentR

The US dollar is in serious trouble and we should be protecting or hedging ourselves against it. Commodities are usually a good hedge and I have been investing (and insuring) with gold and silver since 1999. The Fed dropped short term interest rates to help stop the sub prime mortgage trainwreck but also damaged the dollar value in the process. It was allready weak to start with.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

It means my dream vacation to Lake Louise and Jasper just got more expensive.

But, on the really, really bad news is scallops, maple syrup, timber, and ice wine are more expensive.

Skeeter

• JH
    JH
    Gold has gone up and so will silver in the months to come. It's worth investing in silver.

OK then, where do we go to buy a few thousand dollars worth of gold or silver, and where do we store that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit