Inattentive elders...anyone else experience this?

by B_Deserter 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

It seems like the elders don't show up until you have been out for a longer period of time, years in many cases. Or unless the CO is in town.

• oompa
    oompa

B Deserter.....I hate to be the one to tell you this, but we are all being well cared for by attentive elders and so is everyone else in your hall. I it only YOU that they care nothing about.-----------Just kidding LOL!

Dude it is so bad in my hall (how bad is it) it is so bad, that I went to the brothers twice, I'm talking Library, and expressed some doubts/asked questions and of course they were going to get back tome. NADA, I had to beg for a visit and it took a year, right before CO's visit, so the meeting was just "would you like to meet with the CO?" I did, and things have never been the same.

elder vist....oxymoron.....oompa

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I've been out for 4 years and have not had one elder call or visit me. The cong is only 30 minutes away. It's like when I moved to a different city I ceased to exist in their minds. My Mom tells me she gets asked once in a blue moon about me...not by the elders but by random people in the Hall who used to like my talks.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

I was an inactive publisher for 2 years and not one elder said a word, no calls, no nothing. That was one of the things that made me think that they really don't give a shit. In my more recent sojourn, same again - nothing - it's great!!

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Ditto

Two years after fading an elder came around. I forget what he wanted, but it had nothing to do with being inactive or not attending meetings.

A sister that Mrs Smith and I were good friends with, went to the elders and complained that they don't notice she is spiritualy weak and that they should visit her. The elder replied that in the real world when a lamb is sick or needs help it goes to the sheperd and bleats. What a crock of..

Needless to say she faded before we did.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There is no question it depends on the BOE

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So far, the hounders have forgotten me. I guess this is because I confused them by moving into a border area, technically on the other side, attending each one at random intervals, not transferring my card to the congregation I am supposed to be going to, and then missing meetings gradually. I know it's a matter of time before the hounder-hounder is going to dredge up that card and get the hounders to do their jobs. Or, even worse, some family that wants me to be Superdud, will make arrangements to put me up, which means having to go to ALL the meetings and service, and no access to computers or Christmas decorations. No Crisis of Conscience, either.

• tinker
    tinker

Elders have stopped by several time since my husband and I stopped attending but, get this, never when he is home. His work schedule is well know but for some reason they just cannot come any time except weed day mornings. It has become a joke to us.

on another note. My mother is an elderly sister, very strong and at the center of her congergation. She often needs a little help with household jobs, yard work, car maintenance and I live out of state. I have asker her elders to please check on her and offer a little help, not anything huge or costly just little things like pick the oranges or check her tiers of air. They always have a cheerful reply 'oh yes, we will do that, it is our pleasure to assist Sister Elderly' Well, nothing , NOTHING is ever done. No attention what so ever. They might stop by if they are working in her territory but no hands on help. When I visit I do all the yard work, clean house, take her to doctors, etc. I love doing it but really need a bit of support.

They call themselves Servants, Shephards, Slaves to the Congergation. What part of their job discription are they doing.....ZERO.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Not so much elders as I was ignored by an entire congo. When I moved to Oregon I attended my grandparent's congo for a month then moved to a new city. Even though I was still a good dub (or at least pretending to be one) they literally ignored me. It wasn't until I stopped attending that one of the elders felt the need to make my aquaintance. But, it made for an easier fade

• Tristram
    Tristram

Most of the elders I have known only give you attention when something is wrong (or they think something is wrong.) Other than that aloofness pretty much is the order of the day. I can't really blame them though, as most are so overwhelmed and bogged down by everything the organization puts on them, compounded with the dwindling ranks and fewer future elders in the pipeline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit