JW on a Radio Show

by Unclepenn1 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

I work for a nationwide Christian radio program that airs on Sunday's and this week we are having on a Jehovah's Witness. If you would like to listen in, go to KPRZ.com and you can hear it live or go to ContendForTruth.com and see if it will be broadcast in your area. It should be interesting, I really didn't think JW's did that sort of thing (have a public debate).

Also, I wanted to send a letter to the Kingdom Halls in my area (San Diego), to encourage them to listen in, and I was wondering if anyone knew to whom I should make the letter out to, to be sure it gets read.

Thanks in advance

Penn

"When I nominated Jesus as my supreme ecologist, years of inner pollution became instantly biodegradable" - Donald R. Brown

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

Unclepenn,

Can you get them interested in the UN thing?

T.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

What do you plan to talk about? Last days? The society being a former non-governmental orginization of the United Nations? I would be interested if I knew what you planned on talking about.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

We will be talking about the Deity of Christ and eschatology. Sorry, no U.N. stuff

Penn

Mohammed- 'My teachings lead to the attainment of truth'
    Buddha- 'The truth has been revealed to me'
    Jesus- 'I am the truth'

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Unclepenn,

I realize this isn't a planned topic for discussion, but I strongly suggest you provide the moderator of the program with a bit of information about the JW "Theocratic Strategy" of lying. I don't think you need to go into great detail about this, but an extract from a WT publication discussing the proper implementation of this "strategy" could give the opposition some useful ammunition.

Imagine how a Dub might react if, in the middle of his lies and equivocation he was confronted with a direct quote from the societies own literature supporting the practice of lying and was asked, "are you employing this "theocratic strategy" now?"

How to tell when they're lying - their lips are moving.

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Nathan, great suggestion. I have a lot of their literature, can you point me to something specific like a date or book/article name? Thank you for the suggestion.

Penn

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

The Watchtower (1957) 5/1 pp. 285-6 Use Theocratic War Strategy.
    Perhaps some will wonder as to where the line is to be drawn between use of theocratic war strategy in hiding the truth and the telling of lies. First of all, let it be noted that whenever one takes an oath to tell the truth he is obligated to do so. By dedicating himself to do God's will each Christian has taken a vow or made an oath to do God's will and to be faithful to him. To this oath he certainly must be true. Likewise, when a Christian is placed on a witness stand he is obligated to speak the truth if he speaks at all. At times he may prefer to refuse to speak and suffer the consequences rather than betray his brothers or the interests of God's work. And, of course, there is no occasion for use of war strategy when dealing with our Christian brothers. In dealing with them we tell the truth or tactfully remind them that what they seek to know does not concern them.
    Lies are untruths told for selfish reasons and which work injury to others. Satan told a lie to Eve that worked great harm to her and all the human race. Ananias and Sapphira told lies for selfish reasons. But hiding the truth, which he is not entitled to know, from an enemy does not harm him, especially when he would use such information to harm others who are innocent.
    A great work is being done by the witnesses even in lands where their activity is banned. The only way they can fulfill the command to preach the good news of God's kingdom is by use of theocratic war strategy. By underground methods the literature is brought into the country and distributed. Would it make sense to hide this literature by one's actions and then reveal its whereabouts by one's words when queried? Of course not! So in time of spiritual warfare it is proper to misdirect the enemy by hiding the truth. It is done unselfishly; it does not harm anyone; on the contrary, it does much good.
    Today God's servants are engaged in a warfare, a spiritual, theocratic warfare, a warfare ordered by God against wicked spirit forces and against false teachings. God's servants are sent forth as sheep among wolves and therefore need to exercise the extreme caution of serpents so as to protect properly the interests of God's kingdom committed to them. At all times they must be very careful not to divulge any information to the enemy that he could use to hamper the preaching work.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thanks, Trilobite!

I was hoping someone with more WTS resources than I would lend a hand in regard to the "Theocratic War Strategy."

When I left about a quarter century ago, I found the WT literature provided a warm glow during the cold months. And it burned with such pretty pretty flames! I suppose that PROOVES it wasn't quite as deeminized as I thought it might be.

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

I am still looking for help regarding to whom I should make the letters out to. Please speak up if anyone can give me this info.

Thanks!

Penn

• willy_think
    willy_think
    I really didn't think JW's did that sort of thing (have a public debate).

Unclepenn1, how are you?
    thay don't do that sort of thing. *willy looks into his 8 ball and sees* the show will not be a public debate. it will be spin spin spin.lol i'll be there and thanks for posting it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit