Who is to blame for cigarette addiction?

by Fisherman 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JK666
    JK666

God, for making tobacco.

JK

• JeffT
    JeffT

I took up smoking as a teenager, and my father is in cancer research. I knew it was bad and did it anyway. I quit when I was 22. I agree with the point made earlier: Personal responsibility.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Children are pretty stupid that's why they have parents to guide them. If you're lucky you have good parents who won't allow you to form bad habits of any kind, if you're not lucky......you smoke.

You grow up and you have brains now of an adult, your choice to quit smoking, or not.

Why does every bad thing a person does in their life have to be blamed on some thing or some one other than on the person who is doing it?

At some point you have to take responsibility and claim your actions as your own.

Now if someone was tying you up and cramming ciggies in your mouth and making you smoke 'em, different story.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Who is the blame for smoking? "PARENTS" Teenagers know the risks and they do it anyway. My son right now is having surgery on his heart, he has three places in his heart blocked and that is from smoking. My Dad and all his brothers died, from smoking.

alt

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The magic two words most Americans don't want to hear. . .

"Personal Accountability"

Those words only mean something when there aren't deep pockets to sue.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

What about a left handed cigarette? I smoke them occasionally.

I'm blaming my cat. She has so much fun w/ the cat nip; I wanted to see what the big deal was. Damn pussy!

sweetFACE

• Warlock
    Warlock

I used to smoke.

No one made me pick up my first cigarette at 16 years of age, and I'm sure as hell not going to blame anyone for my 5 year addiction. I wouldn't blame anyone NOW, if I still smoked. I stopped to become a J.W.

Warlock

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Why not then blame parents when their children are victims of sexual abuse? Or perhaps blame the children when a minors becomes sexually invoved with an Adult?

For years children have been victims of sexual abuse with little being done. Only recently, churches and others have been held accountable and they have had to shell out big bucks and held criminally accountable for the harm that they have caused.

What about the harm that cigarretes cause? The state, besides sending minors in cohoots with the gov every once in a while to purchase tobaco from retailers and try to catch them and only giving them a fine, do nothing and profit from this harm.

I think that adults that became addicted to cigarretes as children should be able to sue, the very same way adults can when they were sexually aasaulted as minors.

Tobacco is legal even though it kills and maimes. I think that the state is guilty of child abuse because they make it easy for children.

Note that people become addicted to cigarrtes when they are children.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Who is responsible for enticing, usually with initiatory fraud, the child to light up the first cigarette? Usually a so-called friend that taunts the child. They are addicted, and envy those who are not yet addicted. So, they destroy that state of non-addiction by making smoking look so cool. The innocent child then tries it, and is hooked. And the cycle begins anew.

Anyone that tries to entice a child to try smoking, who initiates fraud, is guilty. The motive is almost always envy. They usually will not look envious, but they usually are. Almost never does a child start smoking on their own, without anyone pushing it. Of course, the tobacco companies are behind a lot of this pushing tobacco on minors--look at the advertising and sponsorship they do to get people hooked. They are the chief culprits behind initiating fraud, for profit motive, to get children to start smoking. And some people believe their lies, start smoking, and pass it on to others who haven't yet started.

Besides this, it's the parents' job to educate their children about the dangers and the truth about smoking. This way, they will be less likely to start because of specious reasoning from the tobacco company ads or from peers that have started. Telling the children that smoking costs money, is addictive, and ruins your health in a fully integrated way will make them realize that the benefits are not worth the cost. And it doesn't hurt to teach them that the benefits are an illusion, too.

Finally, society itself is partly to blame. We have schools that teach disjointed percepts instead of integrated concepts. If children were to learn in concepts, they would find more excitement in learning and would have less need to turn to kicks. The noise levels would drop, there would be fewer paper airplanes and spitballs flown in classes, fewer classroom pranks, and better study habits that translate to better grades on tests (and better benefits from learning the material). And, later it leads to fewer people seeking kicks--smoking being one of them (underage drinking, teen pregnancy, and drug use along with juvenile crime being among the others). As adults, it would lead to less stagnation, higher productivity and better products, and lower prices. The leaders do not want that because that would threaten their jobs and they would have to seek real employment.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oh,I do love these threads!!..LOL!!..The WBT$ recieves profits from a trust fund,that includes stock from Tobacco Giant "Phillip Morris".....Without a doubt.Billion Dollar organizations like the WBT$.Must take responsibility for what they receive "Profits From!!"..Or not..It depends on what motivates the WBT$ has..Making money off of peoples addictions and deaths..Or..Refuseing money for things they Preach Against........WBT$ likes the money!!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit