This Board is REFRESHING!

by freefromthewt 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Or - what if God rejected the Jw's in 1919 and accepted mainstream Christianity?

We could propose thousands of possible scenarios. But that does not make any of them true. There is no prophecy to support such wild assertions, and when 607 is demolished by real evidence [as it has been] this takes 1914, 1919, and any attached dates out of the picture.

Every evangelical group in history has claimed God's selection, including David Koresh and Jim Jones, Sun Young Moon, and Joseph Smith. Certainly reasoning that God selected Abraham and Noah cannot be of any significance in proclaiming them to have been the 'truth'.

Jeff

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

what if religion is a snare and a racket?

what if the Bible is a collection of scraps of old documents put together by a bunch of men with a personal agenda?

what if the three religions that arose in the middle east became the most dangerous religions on earth? Oh wait a minute. They did!

Hey, let's keep speculating - what would it mean if evolution turns out to be true?

• BFD
    BFD

I found this post in your history. What happened to make you flip flop today?

Dear truthseeker,

I would recommend sitting down with your wife and having a deep Bible study regularly and learning about what the Bible has to say about things, not what the WT and GB have to say about things. I'm sure you will quickly see what the Bible says and what the WT says are two different things.

A good place to start would be a study on Jesus, who was he? Who did he say he was? Who do the WT say Jesus was? Have a read of this webpage for ideas:

http://www.freeminds.org/history/whathapp.htm

A Different Jesus

When I began to study the identity of Jesus Christ and the things he said about himself, and the things his disciples said about him, it soon became obvious that I had been misled by the false doctrines of the Watchtower. Jesus voluntarily placed himself in subjection to the Father, and he was bound with the limitations of men; but he was also God (John 1:1). Pick up the Watchtower's Kingdom Interlinear Translation and look up these verses in the original Greek literal rendering:

* His disciples recognized him as God (Jn 1:1, 5:18, 20:28, Rom. 9:5, 1 Jn 5:20, Col. 1:19, 2:9)

* The angels worshiped him as God (Heb. 1:6-12)

* Jesus and the Father are both the Alpha and Omega (Rev.1:8, 22:13)

These and many other proofs were not easy to accept, having been taught that Jesus is an archangel and merely one of God's creations. Fully understanding the nature of God is beyond human reasoning; just as we are unable to comprehend an infinite God with no beginning. We must listen to the whole Word of God to get an accurate picture, and not attempt to ignore or explain away the scriptures that refer to Jesus as Jehovah God, just because we cannot explain it in human terms.

As you start to notice the differences either pick up a KJV or find one on the Internet and begin to use it in your Bible studies. You won't learn about "God's active force" but rather you will learn about the Holy Ghost, "he shall teach you all things"(John 14:26) and "he will guide you into all truth"(John 16:13). The same Holy Ghost who descended from Heaven upon Jesus(Matthew 3:16, Mark 1:10, Luke 3:22, John 1:32) can dwell in the believer today(1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Acts 19:2-6) if you will be "baptized with the Holy Ghost"(Acts 11:15-16). The Holy Ghost is a part of the trinity(Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14, 1 Peter 1:11-12, 1 John 5:8, 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.[the Word is Jesus Christ as it states clearly in John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh"]). Look closer and you will notice subtle changes such as this verse as found in John 1:1:

King James Version
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    New World Translation
    http://www.watchtower.org/bible/joh/chapter_001.htm
    John 1:1 1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.
    The addition of "a"(made bold for emphasis) changes the verse completely(you will also notice the lowercase g). There are three warnings in the Bible where God warns not to add or subtract to his word:
    Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
    Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
    Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    The last warning given in Revelation might be just referring to the Book of Revelation itself. There are a lot more changes in the NWT than just this, I'd recommend doing a google search using "New World Translation" as the search terms and doing an indepth study on this topic.

I don't get it. Why go back to chasing your tail? I really do wish you well, brother mad. BFD

• changeling
    changeling

Or what if all religion, and the concept of god himself, is a delusion and you are barking up the wrong tree?????

changeling

• moshe
    moshe

it's the ride that is important. - sit on a rock an be happy.

shalom,

moshe

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Brother Mad,

Your faith transcends your intellect...why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit