WAC bids a farewell to the JWD community

by What-A-Coincidence 52 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

WAC...

had to say g'bye and see ya WAC...lots of laughs and thought provoking posts.... (see told ya I still read)

SnakesInTheTower (of the "back to lurking" Sheep Class)

• PEC
    PEC

WAC, remember I know where you live.

alt

Philip

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Good luck. I've loved getting to know you here.

So, you're no longer going to have Internet access and can't post here from time to time? Wow, your new business must suck.

It seems strange that a new endeavor means you can never say hi to old friends from time to time, but must bid them farewell. What's with that?

Sorry - but these sort of posts seem really weird to me. "So long, you guys have been great, you've really changed my life, but I'll never talk to you or post here again. Farewell."

Why not: "Hey, I'm starting a new business and will be busy, so you won't hear from me as much." Why a big announcement and farewell?

This is the strangest part of this website, as far as I'm concerned, as though someone has decided to disfellowship themselves as opposed to just saying I'll be busy and not here as often. Why such finality and drama??

S4

• PEC
    PEC

S4, very well put.

Philip

• exwitless
    exwitless

Seeker4 - maybe some people are conspiring together to go join other forums (?). I know my husband didn't join a new one, but there's been talk of other forums that weren't as "strict" as this one. Just a thought.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Well WAC, I'm sorry to see you go. Wish I could have gotten to know you better.

You will be missed.

All the best.

Open Mind

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

seeker4: Yep, it does seem 'strange', doesn't it?

exwitless: The thought crossed my mind too.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I wish you well in the future. I have enjoyed your contributions. I know you will succeed at whatever you do.

Shelly

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Ok, Ok, you made me laugh. Many times in fact. I never talked with you, never pm'd you, never really said a word to you, but making me laugh is not an easy task, freind. Thank you. Your effin crazy man! I can't bond with people, but I read many of your posts. You did not go by unnoticed. Take care!

• choosing life
    choosing life

WAC, Sorry to see you go. You will be missed. Maybe you can drop a line once in a while, just to update us and check on old friends?

Seeker 4, It does seem strange, all the good-bye threads lately. I agree it is a little melodramatic too. Makes one wonder what is going on?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit