JWs all excited Big A just around Corner- Earthquakes-Indonesia

by stillajwexelder 26 Replies latest social current

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Sorry all I comes to mind when I hear "armageddon" is the song by Def Leppard "Armagedon It". Come sing w/ me!!!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Thanks for the correction I've corrected my post........Homerovah

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Once when I went to the Wild Animal Park in San Diego I spent a while watching the flamingos - really pretty. I noticed that they were all busy eating, grazing, peaceful and quiet, when one of them would squawk and they'd all scream and start running in circles. That would last for a couple of minutes, then they would settle down again. Then - squawk! run in hysterical circles for a while, settle down. Hmmmm, nature imitates JWs.

Do you remember when Nixon quit (omigod! Armageddon) or when Taiwan was out of the UN and red China in overnight? (omigod, Armageddon)or even when Kennedy was elected? (Omigod, a Catholic in the White House, Armageddon for sure!!!)

• parakeet
    parakeet

stilla wrote: "...all JWs in our area are all wide eyed and almost orgasmic over all the earthquakes in the Pacific Ocean..."

You've hit the nail on the head with JW attitude toward disasters (natural or man-made). They're addicted to bad news and jones for it when there's a slow news day.

IMO, JWs (adults, not children), become JWs so they can indulge in an imaginary catastrophic ending to a world that has not treated them as well as they felt they were entitled to be treated. That's why they don't obsess over the new order after Armageddon -- it's no more real for them as it is for us. Nothing makes a die-hard JW happier than a disaster that kills thousands.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

So this explains alot now. My wife and I haven't been to meetings in a year or so. Some of the recent info takes time to get to us. A few weeks ago my sister in law, (who is active) convinces my wife to buy earthquake supplies. She asked me about it and I stated that it's probably not a bad idea under any circumstance. So off they went along with their mother to load up on supplies.

Afterwards I guess her sis commented that it was brought up in a meeting. I thought it was just a casual mention in conversation. Was this an actual part? Did witneses flood the army supply stores and buy dehydraded food and bottled water?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Once when I went to the Wild Animal Park in San Diego I spent a while watching the flamingos - really pretty. I noticed that they were all busy eating, grazing, peaceful and quiet, when one of them would squawk and they'd all scream and start running in circles. That would last for a couple of minutes, then they would settle down again. Then - squawk! run in hysterical circles for a while, settle down. Hmmmm, nature imitates JWs.

Wild Animal Park > SD Zoo.

WAP, SD Zoo > Everything else ()

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi Sirnose,

I agree (if I understand your post) that the Wild Animal Park is better than the zoo - last time I went to the SD zoo I didn't enjoy it at all. Haven't been to the WAP in years - why can't we have a southern California JWD picnic there some day?

now to return to the regularly scheduled thread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit