Korn: Why Brian Welch walked away.

by Guest with Questions 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

While listening to gospel while doing housework I found this.

There may be some that scoff at this, but I found it very powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DLAOdWjmsA&NR=1

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i think that if it helps him be a better person, that's great. to walk away like that took some guts. i am not christian, but, don't have a problem with people like him, that aren't crazy about it.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I like korn and head.

It was a moving touching video.

If your going to be an extreme radical, I think he's probably on a better track than he was when he was with korn.

But korn and the drugs got him to where he is today and gave him his platform to preach from.

I dont know what the answer is. It would be nice if some of the things he said and felt were true. Once you believe in Jesus that's one thing but when you start reading the bible and studying history your jesus peace will be rattled and then where do you go.

Head reminds me of my last post to minimus about are you an extremist do you see things in black and white.

I still feel that radical extremist of all sorts are full of shxt.

I've lived 55 years and seen 55 years worth.

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

I like Korn, always have. I'm glad Head is clean now, and I'm sure his faith is real but..... He found Jesus while on a speed binge?!? Ooookay!

~LL06

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i am NOT advocating the use of speed, but, when i was on it, i really felt like i saw life more clearly. i know it was just the drugs, but, everything seems to come into focus when your that high. once it wears off, you usually don't remember all of it, but, the things you do remember, can have an impact on your life.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Jaguarbass:

Why couldn’t the things he said and felt be true, at least to him? Even after two years the man still believes in Jesus. He sounds very lucid and sincere. If this was all because of speed you would think he would continue using, especially, if as you say, everything seems to come into focus. It doesn’t sound as though his "jesus peace" has been rattled. The man wanted to die in his former life. He sincerely believes that his life is much better now.

I’m not sure if you questioned if Jesus ever existed. Contrary to what many have said, Jesus, the man did actually exist, so we have to figure out if he was a lunatic, an evil liar, or if he truly was the Son of God as he claimed.

The two largest world religions, Christianity and Islam, consider Jesus to have been an important holy figure. In Christianity, Jesus is generally thought by believers to have divine attributes as the son of God and the Messiah. In Islam, Jesus is considered one of God's most important prophets. Most other religions' views on him range from considering him simply a man (mainstream Judaism) to an enlightened teacher (Buddhism). Others see him as an ordinary human being, if he existed at all (Freethought), (Atheism), (Agnosticism), (Humanism).

Couldn’t your statement "radical extremists of all sorts are full of shxt" be considered a bit of an extreme statement? It doesn’t seem to be a grey area to me.

Lost light:

As a believer, I think it is totally possible that God revealed Himself while Head was high on speed. My understanding is that he was searching and desperately wanting to get off drugs. He has been clean for two years and still believes. I don’t think that an individual can stop using on his own, so if not willpower, then what was it that stopped him from using?

Bigdreaux: A doctor gave me a prescription for amphetamines when I was in my late teens. Even though it would have been a mild dose in comparison to the street drug, I will never forget the feeling I got from it. I have to admit that it made me feel really good, I had lots of energy and felt very loving towards my dad, even though we never had a close relationship. One might get grandiose ideas for the moment, but it’s all make believe, it’s not based in reality. So I don’t advocate drug use at all either.

• ringo5
    ringo5

MORAL ARGUMENT (II)
    (1) In my younger days I was a cursing, drinking, smoking, gambling, child-molesting, thieving, murdering, bed-wetting bastard.
    (2) That all changed once I became religious.
    (3) Therefore, God exists.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

ringo5: I just read your response. First, "getting religion" doesn't change a person but a personal relationship with Jesus does. I've seen it enough times - drug or alcohol abusers that recovered because they finally gave it over to God. Because you don't believe doesn't make it less real. If you don't believe that God could change a person instantaneously, then what does? A person's own willpower? If someone had that much willpower wouldn't he have stayed away from the things that would harm him in the first place?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit