November Watchtower - FDS 144,000... What are they up to ?

by AlphaOmega 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Gems from the November Watchtower...

SEARCHING INTO "THE DEEP THINGS OF GOD"

OCR Article here...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vly4jy

Understanding deep things requires study. However, study is not the same as reading something superficially. It involves carefully examining information to see how it fits the pattern of what we already know. (2 Timothy 1:13)

Rather than give each Christian a separate revelation, Jehovah uses his spirit to direct his organization, which provides God's unified people with an understanding of the Bible.

Holy spirit acts through the congregation to help people adopt the attitude needed to understand "the deep things of God."—Acts 5:32.

12 A second example of deep things that have been revealed to us concerns God's purpose to select 144,000 from among mankind. (Revelation 14:1, 4) We accept the teaching that all of the anointed ones living on earth at any given time constitute "the faithful and discreet slave" that Jesus said would provide timely "food" for his domestics. (Matthew 24:45) What Bible texts prove that this understanding is correct? Might Jesus have referred in a general sense to any Christian who builds up his brothers with spiritual nourishment?

I'm missing this ? Are they hinting that the FDS could be anyone that is upbuilding - or are they ruling it out ?

Faith-strengthening too is a review of the modern-day history of Jehovah's Witnesses, using the book Jehovah's Witnesses—Prodaimers of God's Kingdom, if you have this publication available in your language.* And a review of past "Questions From Readers" published in The Watchtower would surely lead you to a fresh understanding of certain texts.

Obviously referring to 1935 ! It's always the QFRs that reveal the changes !!

• Gopher
    Gopher

This is just more cultish indoctrination. Apparently the only place to find deep spiritual thoughts is in THEIR LITERATURE. Holy spirit acts ONLY THROUGH THEIR CONGREGATION.

Might Jesus have referred in a general sense to any Christian who builds up his brothers with spiritual nourishment?

The answer is "OF COURSE NOT". Only anointed ones have this ability to provide spiritual food. Most specifically, only anointed ones located at their organization headquarters in Brooklyn, NY.

They won't change their "two-class" system until they're forced to (when that number partaking goes down to almost zero, or perhaps when it gets to be 80 years past 1935 and all the 'anointed' ones should have died off.)

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

Understanding deep things requires study. However, study is not the same as reading something superficially. It involves carefully examining information to see how it fits the pattern of what we already know. (2 Timothy 1:13)

that is probably one of the stupidest things i've heard. EVER!!!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Well, that's the problem. If you fit it into the pattern of what you already know, then that information flip flops, then what do you really know?

Look for instance at the years that they put the statement about building our confidence that the ones who were alive and at an age of understanding in 1914 would not pass off the scene until Armageddon, then changed it to the ones that were alive in 1914, then changed that in 1995 to well, generation doesn't even refer to these people.

Now the info concerning the annointed all being chosen befoe 1935 is changing;in fact, it is so gobbledy-gooky I'm sure there is no one who would like to be stuck trying to explain it.

The"allowed" fractions of blood has changed, etc.

Even their admonition to study is now convoluted-study, but not with anyone and only with the WTS literature. They have done all the study for you, so don't examine too closely........

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am looking forward to how the masters in Brooklyn dovetail this with what is in the first secret Watchtower in January. I can't wait to see that one.

They are going to take it from mind control to total brainwashing. Pretty soon the jdubs won't be allowed to take a shyte without asking if it is the right understanding of the use of the orafix.

Jeff

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

AlphaOmega:

Thank you for the link AO! Interesting comments and views on this subject. Helps to keep alert to those QFR!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• heathen
    heathen

yah right like study only approved sources . I think they forgot to mention that .

Faith-strengthening too is a review of the modern-day history of Jehovah's Witnesses, using the book Jehovah's Witnesses—Prodaimers of God's Kingdom, if you have this publication available in your language.

Oh yah right you mean the organization approved version once again ......

• sspo
    sspo
    We accept the teaching that all of the anointed ones living on earth at any given time constitute "the faithful and discreet slave" that Jesus said would provide timely "food" for his domestics. (Matthew 24:45)

F&*%^$g liars and deceivers.

How much saying or power do FDS have?

It's all about the 12 Brooklyn clowns that hold the power over the 6.5 millions of JW's.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's the way it is, in theory all the "anointed" are part of the FDS but in practice only the GB members and their inner circle, anointed or not, are functioning in that capacity and historically it has always been so.

Even the most braindead JW drones should wonder why this is so, why do the GB members have total monopoly of authority and inspiration in what they the R&F believe, is jehovah's org.

• Maddie
    Maddie

<<<<MIGHT JESUS HAVE REFERRED IN A GENERAL SENSE TO ANY CHRISTIAN WHO BUILDS UP HIS BROTHERS WITH SPIRITUAL NOURISHMENT>>>>

I could be totally wrong here but I remember a comment made by an elder at the book study quite recently that I heard. He said something about places on the GB being taken by members of the "great crowd class". We are aware that the ordinary so called anointed class have no say over what the GB say or do, so it would make sense that as the oldies die off they want to replace them with their cronies whatever "class" they are meant to be. If this is what is happening, they could be preparing the JW's for acceptance now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit