I'd be in my final year of nursing school if I didn't quit

by Younglove1999 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

You're still very young. Try to keep the focus but don't wait too long. The longer you wait, the more difficult going back will become.

• aoxo
    aoxo

i am in a similar boat as you. i dropped out of community college while going for my nursing degree and decided to reg pioneer. 10 years later i am dissociated and starting school again at 28 years old. yes, most of the people in my classes are younger than me and i am going part time so that i can work full time and pay those wonderfull bills, but in 3 or 4 years i will be where i should have been 8 years ago. i also feel very bad about not sticking with it. i could be making good money now and be in a happy job situation but i have to start everything over again and work full time while i do it. boy i am too tired and busy to do anything but i will get it done, and so can you... jason

• exwitless
    exwitless

I can totally relate - I was in LPN school when I joined the dubs. I finished and got my license, but felt guilty the whole time, and I was made to feel like I was putting my trust in "the world" rather than the borg. I regret that I didn't pursue my RN degree. But now, after 14 years of being an LPN, I'm doing a distance ed program to complete my RN degree. I'm going rather slowly because I work full time, but I wouldn't be doing it at all if it weren't for this option.

Don't give up. Even if it takes you twice as long as you anticipated, keep going. Take one class at a time, do some online things, whatever it takes. You can do it and I promise you will be glad you did.

• yknot
    yknot

I just wanted to share with you a program at Texas Tech. If you achieve a BS in any field (ex Gen Studies via online) then you can "switch" to BSN if you first obtain a CNA license that can be valid in Texas. It is a one year course and does require you to do clinicals in Texas but again all the "classes" are online. Your dreams don't have to fade. Also an ASN is only 2 years of school here in Texas. Something to consider if you ever feel like taking that plunge again. Also Texas is a compact state.

Check it out on their site http://www.depts.ttu.edu/officialpublications/catalog/HSCnursingWeb.html

If you live far away from Texas and don't wanna come and hang with us down south........then make sure to keep checking the nursing programs in your state, many changes in class delivery are happening all the time esp due to nursing shortages. Also many states including TX allow for BSNs to become college instructors, which is a nice part-time job, perfect for in-betweens and retirement...((think Teachers Retirement Lobby Money))))

PS I don't know how much you make now but in nursing the big thing is "travel" nursing. This doesn't mean you actually have to go anywhere, it is just a temp job. Usually the agency pays about $10-15 more an hour (in my area that averages from $34(RN)-60(MSN), they pay for travel expense (if local it covers gas), give you housing allowance( you can choose money or agency apt), insurance (excellent benefits!), CEs (keeps you updated or exposes you to other expertise), and my all time favorite perk......BONUSES (usually $750-3000) after completed assignments.

Best Wishes

Y

• choosing life
    choosing life

I quit nursing school when I became a dub. They convinced me it just wasn't important. I also had a new baby. I returned to school 10 years later with 3 children (one a new baby). I was still a dub. I couldn't believe how many dub women came up to me and said they wish they could be a nurse. They were afraid what others might think.

All my general studies still applied. I only had to repeat the nursing classes themselves. It took 2 years, but it was one of the best things I ever did for myself. I was still a dub. Worked part time while children were little.

I am passionate about my job and nursing offers great flexibility. You can just about choose your schedule and work as much or little as you wish as your situation changes throughout your life. Go back. You will never regret it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit