What does it require to be a Saved Christian

by Undecided 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

First you must have faith in something you can't prove is real. Assured expectation of something you can't see. Must talk to some God you can't see or hear. Receive some holy spirit that might just be demons if you arn't careful. Give 10% of your money to God through a church. Believe in some book that was written by men you never knew and try to understand it when religions have never agreed what it says means what it says but it was written that way so some couldn't get the true meaning, except a special few that Christ chose, because narrow is the gate and few will get in.

I guess I will just roast in hell for eternity because I can't seem to understand God and why he needs so many sacrifices, including his own son.

Ken P.

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

I have no idea what is required. Too confused and don't have the energy at the moment for find out the truth.

• aniron
    aniron

"The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household."

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Ken, I was just going to respond to your headline, then I read the body of your comment and you hit the point that I was going to make.

Based on my past experience the most painful part of being a saved Christian is the 10%.

It always comes down to that sooner or later.

Its all about the benjamins.

After I left the tower, I flirted around with being a baptist and it always came down to the 10%.

I used to tell my baptist interagator. "I give everything to god. I throw my whole pay check up in the air, every week.What God catches he can keep, What falls to the ground I keep."

And then some will tell you, you are saved by faith and faith alone.

But sooner or latter the work of giving the 10% comes up. And if your gwine up to heaven you cant get around that damn 10%.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

According to the bible if that is what you base your beliefs on its knowing the only true god and the one he sent forth Jesus Christ.

According to the JWs its going to 5 boring mtgs a week, commenting, reaching out, going out knocking on mostly empty homes, cutting off almost every single non-witness in your life, giving up holidays that they clearly have no reason to...etc, etc, blah blah BLAH!

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was a JW for over half my life and what they taught never happened and they were supposed to be guided by special annointed men who had direct guidence from the Jehovah god. I'm attending a church now with my wife and the pastor claims he has special feelings from God that guided his sermons at times. They pray all the time for people who need special help and seem sincere in their worship. It seems more loving than the JWs but still seems just some way to cope with life and it's bad way of treating us humans at times. Most of the members are about my age and every week someone is having to go to the doctors for some kind of test or treatment. I have been very lucky so far with health issues. Sometimes I feel a little drawn to get saved when I'm there but know I really don't believe it. The bible is so controdictory in so many places. I guess I will just wait and see what death means when it comes.

Ken P

• Undecided
    Undecided

The pastor never has mentioned the 10% contributions in the church I am attending with my wife. He doesn't mention contributions, although he does let them pass the plates at the beginning of the sermons on Sunday. I can understand the need for some money to sustain the church. I like the pastor of this church, I have been with him to visit people in the hospitals. He seems to be a sincere and honest person. He works to suport himself and his wife. She has a job too. We have had dinner together and he paid for it. He isn't after money for himself. I think he is a sincere person but that doesn't make him have the answers to life.

Ken P.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hello Ken,

The only requirement to becoming a saved Christian......is just giving your heart to Jesus. That's all He requires. It's so simple, but most people don't understand and think they have to jump through hoops to find God's Grace. He loves you more than you will ever be able to fathom, and His GIFT of eternal life is FREE.

The 10% tithe should be a personal choice. Your salvation does not depend upon it. In our church, we have a little box at the back for tithes. Our pastor NEVER asks or begs for money. It is totally the choice of each family. Most people are happy to give something....anything....b/c we love our church and our pastor.

Please don't "wait and see what death means when it comes".........

• sir82
    sir82
    "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be savedyou and your household."

So, if we're going to read just one text & accept it at face value, then...

...all you need to be saved is for one member of your "household" to believe.

I can be a demon-worshipping, sheep-raping, chicken-sacrificing, blood-drinking sadist, but so long as my wife, or child, or butler, believes, I'm in, right? That's what the scripture says, right?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

It requires believing that you need to be saved from something, namely, eternal torture sanctioned by a god known as"Christ". Further, it requires believing that said Christ once pretended to be a human and engineered his own pretend death in order to "save" humans from the punishment he would otherwise have inflicted on us. And finally, it requires believing that believing that this happened is necessary to benefit from this bizarre arrangement. No wonder that "narrow is the road". The Red Queen would have trouble believing such inanities!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit