This good news is being speard...by this site

by lesterd 9 Replies latest jw friends

• lesterd
    lesterd

You know before this marvelous age of communication, you would say that I had to go looking for dirt on the society, but I was thinking about that. Isolationizm was a great thing for the society, because no knew what was going on, the people who study and questioned were put out with no one ever to hear from them again, what were they to do?, take out an add in the local newspaper to be heard and have a fair hearing? But now people can compare and learn from their research and inspiration. They can exaimin their situation with others who have suffered unscriptual shunnings by the society, and those inside who have become sickened with the politics and false prophesies can share where the bodies are buried in the those "whitewashed graves".

1957 WT

When a pilgrim was on his way to Jerusalem there was danger of his becoming unclean by unwittingly touching the grave of someone who had died in the open field. It was the practice that whenever anyone died in the open fields he was to be buried where he was found instead of being brought to the cemetery of the nearest town. These graves were whitened one month before the Passover in order to protect people from becoming unclean by touching them. It may have been these whitened graves that Jesus had in mind when he told the scribes and Pharisees: "You resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every kind of uncleanness."—Matt. 23:27.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Total information control is a cult's main source of power. The internet is chipping away at such totalitarian power the Watchtower Society once held.

So the good news is "speared" here and at other websites, then spread.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

So the good news is "speared" here and at other websites, then spread.

i lol'd

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    Matthew 23:27 (King James Version)

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

This shows that you agree with the Bible then. Jesus is the Truth.

hibiscusfire

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

There is a new and even bigger Watchtower today it's called the inter-net and it's exposing clearly to all the lies and corruption which

the JWS is founded on, the truth is being revealed, finally !

• oompa
    oompa

Lesterd, good post, and I agree that the ease of sharing information, pain, and stories is so much easier now. I so hope this will have an effect on those with questions when they find us.

I also like the intersting info. about the history of white graves (wonder who got that job and how damn worried, fearful, and picky can you get). Howerver I am really slow today in the brain, and do not get the link between what you wrote and the WT article. Share.

must be missing something.....oompa

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I've said it before and I'll say it again; this site has saved me from a miserable existance. Has it saved my life? Maybe not literally, though it has improved the quality of my life. It is a depressing state to be in when you feel like you are the only one who has trouble swallowing the false teachings and control of the FDS. Not to mention the lack of love in the congregations. Even the guilt for doubting has been replaced with trust in my own thinking abilities.

I log on to this site and can feel the unconditional love and support, from people I've never met, that I was falsely promised I would feel from the "brothers and sisters".

This s ite has exposed me to some brilliant minds that have examined and dissected the insane un-biblical teachings of the WTBTS. I am grateful to find that I am not the only one to have issues with the lack of logic and blind acceptance of these man-made doctrines, with no room for an independant thought.

I don't agree with everyone else here and I don't have to. That to me, is indeed good news.

• lesterd
    lesterd

I was just so excited about my little revelation, that those graves became so appearant, all those the society has buried, they try to "clean up" and make what they have done look good and right, but they sink to high heaven.

No pun on the spelling, I'm just not edumacated

• Hobo
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

This comunication age is bad for the Watchtower society, religion, politicians and Governments.

I would enjoy this freedom to speak and comunicate while it last.

As I dont think our owners and keepers appreciate it and may be in the process of restriciting our freedoms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit