How Do You Get on the Cover of a BOrg Magazine?

by Clam 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

A Bethel single girl that I was in love with for 3 years is often in the publications. Her name is (was?) Judy Martin. She is on the cover of the small tract, "What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Believe?" I hope she is still that cute after all these years. :-)) She never responded to me. I'm rather glad now. :-))

picture: alt

Randy

http://www.freeminds.org

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Traditionally the art dept uses Bethelites, friends or family of bethelites or 'well-reported upon' youth and families.

I personally never made the cover but...

I was on the back page of the Awake in the early to mid 90's. An artist's rendering of me and my full name was used. It was highly unusual at the time since they rarely if ever used names (preferring to use initials only) even when relating experiences. I guess they figured 10 years of Bethel service/an elder he's okay. 4 years later I disappeared from the ranks of the JW's. (yay me!)

At the time it was the closest thing I ever thought I would be to being famous. That experience was related at every Canadian District and Circuit assembly for at least a year after it came out. In the highly competitive world of Bethel guys, the attention the article received pissed off a lot of those more senior to me at the big house.

Despite the not so flattering artist's rendering, I received over 40 letters from sisters around the world wanting to know if I was single and available. We admire those who cultivate the spirit of singleness for Jehovah but as a dedicated sister I can't help but be attracted to someone who is so obviously devoted to Jehovah with such a kind heart..." Sad eh? It is a statement of the desperation some of the JW women feel.

Too bad I was still such a loyal Dub, I could have done well for myself

• The Oracle
    The Oracle
    My favorite pictures are when they try to portray some seedy side of life, like gang activity. The witness models they use end up looking like rejects from the Village People. I doubt they would make it in the Crips or Bloods

That one made me chuckle! Thanks!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle
    Don't you wish you could get the worthy ones out? i feel sorry for them...

4Digitcode!

You can get them out!! Find out there email address if you don't already know and then start sending some anonymous emails.

You can make up some messages to make them think. Use humor. Use shock. Be subtle. You can even just include some good weblinks. Whatever it takes.

If they don't have email - get their home address and send them a letter. Print out a few pages from one of the internet sites that has information that you feel will do the trick.

Or you can always try the direct approach! Phone them up. Tell them you just discovered some things about the JW faith that they deserve to know. Establish common ground first and then deliver the warning message. Take what you learned at the TMS and Service meeting and use it for something TRULY worthwhile. GET YOUR MATES OUT!

Leaving them IN is unkind.

They are being exposed to psychological abuse, the threat of child molestation, and possible death due to suicide brought on by depression or the refusal of life saving medical treatment.

IF YOU LOVE THEM - YOU HAVE TO TRY AND SAVE THEM!!

The Oracle

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Wow, Dogpatch, check out Judy's 1800's Victorian button-up-the-neck collar and blouse. Wowser.

• Clam
    Clam

Thanks for your replies and stories folks. Very informative and sometimes funny.

"Insecurity is when Bethel calls and asks for your wife to be the cover model.... for the Babylon the Great series."

LOL - Thanks Vanilla

Dogpatch your one time fantasy lady sure looks foxy. I bet after about 25 dates she might hold your hand.

Uzzah thanks for that. Have you still got copies? Be a great avatar for this place.

We admire those who cultivate the spirit of singleness for Jehovah but as a dedicated sister I can't help but be attracted to someone who is so obviously devoted to Jehovah with such a kind heart..." Sad eh

LOL I bet you were so made up when you got that letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit