Letter - Anonymity Required?

by Steady As She Goes 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Is a name required when phoning then?

There's a thread on here by a poster who called Bethel and Rick Fearon at
    sixscreensofthewatchtower.com has called Bethel on several issues. In
    every call that was recorded and posted online, they want a name and it
    seems that they want a situation; brother, elder, family of JW, press.

They seem to want to answer questions by mail, so you have to press the
    matter to get them to even attempt an answer on the phone.

Try it, nothing lost. Use a fake name and say you have family in the religion.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Thanks!

(My wife and I joked that this track record means I was more successful at getting people to leave than the religion than getting them to join it, despite the fact that I pioneered for over five years.)

• oompa
    oompa

I just wrote the Society twice about controversial matters they do not want to admit being wrong about. The only letters I received indicate that they will be working through the local elder body to assist me and they they have been sent additional information.

No paper trails are allowed for any subject that could be used by apostates. This was made very clear when I asked for a copy of the response letter.

being shunned....oompa

• greendawn
    greendawn

I suppose you realise that the JW organisation has little tolerance for members that begin to think for themselves and ask questions. Have in mind that due to the rotness of their doctrine system they will not be able at all to answer many of the questions.

If you want to stay in better remain anonymous or even pretend that you are an interested person rather than a JW. Use the address of a non JW friend or relative if they permit.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

The society will not respond to anonymous letters. They are very clear on this point. So, DO NOT USE YOUR OWN ADDRESS. DO NOT USE YOUR OWN NAME. It would be better if you wrote as a worldly person with questions rather than a witness. One reason for this is that they give different answers to worldly people. As you've probably noticed from letters posted on this forum, the society will try to guilt you out of wanting an answer to your questions. Just look at a recent letter on the subject of the UN was handled. The society will question your motives first, which always results in ad hominem arguments. They will reccommend prayer, open confession to your elders etc. rather than concentrating on your question. In fact, if you present yourself as a witness, they might not even answer your question at all. Instead they will just tell you how you shouldn't question the FDS. They will ask you over and over if you believe in the FDS. If you do, they will say to just trust the FDS and forget about your questions. This is the experience I've had with correspondence with the WTS. Good luck and BE CAREFUL. they will fuck you over if they can, and they will not feel bad about it.

• Steady As She Goes
    Steady As She Goes

Thanks to all for posting. By way of an update, I never did write or phone. I came to admit to myself that they would not have any answers and didn't want to risk drawing more attention to myself.

The two issues I was going to ask for their explanations for were:

• The documentary hypothesis with its converging lines of evidence, and all of the many associated problems of the Torah and beyond if you want to view these books as the inerrant word of God (e.g. two conflicting flood stories)
    • The historical and social contexts of apocalyptic in the bible (Daniel: Jews under Greecian persecution, Antiochus Epiphanes; Revelation (Christians under persecution/bad influence of Rome, Nero), which can only mean it should not be twisted to apply to our day or later

I'd also realised there wasn't a scriptural basis for the claim of being a literal "faithful and discreet slave" as this is only mentioned in a parable, and that this represented a grotesque, arbitrary distortion of a concept.

I've since joined this forum again with a new account as I forgot it was here that I originally started this topic, so you won't be seeing many more posts from "Steady".

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome back steady!

You chose wisely if you were honestly looking for real answers. They could not have answered you.

Are you in the midst of a fade, or are you still attending?

Just curios. I am still attending and serving as an elder. However my primary purpose in continuing to serve is to plant seeds of doubt and to free as many minds as I can before I decide to begin my own fade.

Peace to you!

The Oracle

• belbab
    belbab

Steady as she goes,

I didn't realize that the words you highligted were links to web articles.

I clicked on them.

The persons to ask these questions are on this board. The two main ones are: ;

Leoleia and Narkissos.

Send them a pm and give them a heads up on your thread.

Hope this helps.

belbab

• Steady As She Goes
    Steady As She Goes

Hi Oracle,

I've faded. I admire you for staying in to help others - do you find it hard to keep your cover? Must require great mental strength.

All the best with it while you're there.

• belbab
    belbab

SASG

I forgot to mention that Leoleia has a lengthy post on the faithful and discreet slave.

She shows that Joseph in Egypt was a faithful and discreet slave, and Jesus was making a reference to him by using that term.

Just as Joseph was unreconizable to his brothers, so Jesus asked a question and it forever remains a question. Who the faithful slave is not readily discernable, especially when some one claims they are.

I am glad to see another searching person looking for answers.

belbab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit