When was Jesus born?

by Anti-Christ 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Why do you focus on this story differences ?

Because it happens to be the thread topic.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    homey: most Christan religions celebrate his birthday on the 25th of December

That is why we always keep in mind whose earthly birthday we are celebrating....our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Thanking and appreciating the precious gift we have received. It is so wonderful.

Picture it:

There's Mary with her her firstborn son, and the cute little baby Jesus wrapped in swaddling clothes, laying down in a manger. The animals around, Joseph and the shepherds who were keeping watch over their flock by night looking on at the Saviour of the world.

hibiscusfire

• PEC
    PEC

9 months after God raped Mary.

Philip

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    Why do you focus on this story differences ? Our belief in Him doesnt depend on what Luke, Matthew or someone else wrote. He stil lives with us today. He is omnipresent.

I think this is an important statement.

Is it safe to say that if - for some reason (for the sake of argument) - the entire Bible was shown to be false (or we take it out of history altogether), this would not matter one iota, because we would still know Jesus exists?

If not, how far can we go in discarding various biblical passages until we reach the limit?

• zack
    zack

He was born three times according to scripture. Which of the births are you referring to?

• Word
    Word
    Why do you focus on this story differences ? Our belief in Him doesnt depend on what Luke, Matthew or someone else wrote. He stil lives with us today. He is omnipresent.

I think this is an important statement.

Is it safe to say that if - for some reason (for the sake of argument) - the entire Bible was shown to be false (or we take it out of history altogether), this would not matter one iota, because we would still know Jesus exists?

If not, how far can we go in discarding various biblical passages until we reach the limit?

Distinguish between the Bible and Jesus Christ

You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

John 5:39 (New International Version)

• startingover
    startingover
    millions even believe he is still alive!

Count me in as one too. I too believe Jesus is alive with all my heart!!!!

Seems evident to me from this statement that what you are experiencing Hibiscus, is just a feeling. I feel the same way about the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Doesn't mean he exists or ever existed.

Good one PEC!

Someone, I think snowbird, mentioned "fullness". I hear that terminology used by xians often. It will hijack this thread to ask what that means, so don't answer it, but it just seems like a wierd way of talking that is not readily understood in this day and age.

Back to the topic, I think the thing about the date of Herod's death and how it correlates to the story of Jesus is very telling. Just a story someone made up later.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    9 months afted God raped Mary.
    Philip

WARNING: You'll be sorry you said that.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

God didn't rape anybody. Some aliens landed and artificially inseminated Mary. 9 months later, she gave birth to a superhuman.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    startingover:Seems evident to me from this statement that what you are experiencing Hibiscus, is just a feeling.

It doesn't matter what you say. Jesus is alive forevermore! People like me know that He is alive....let His Spirit dwell in your heart.

Hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit