Golden Age = In Paradise we will fly around like Superman!!! Cool!!

by Witness 007 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Gold. Age Aug 25 1926 p.751 "Negative gravitation...you may have wondered how accidents will be avioded in Christs Kingdom, since we are told nothing will hurt or destroy. Scientists tell us there is enough Atomic energy in one finger-nail to propell a battleship. The people of the future may carry a little of this power with them. If they fall down an elevator shaft, they can let themselves down easy, then they can TURN A LITTLE MORE ON and go back up...no danger of falling down stairs then."

I often wondered how people will aviod accidents in the New World...there you go. Excuse me now gotta fly....WOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

Look up in the sky...it's a bird...it's a plane...no it's a damn Jehovah's Witness, not interested, go away!

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

First I'd like to thank you for your threads, Witness 007, they're always entertaining.

The question of how accidents will be a thing of the past is an interesting one. I remember asking that when I was a kid; what would happen if a guy is out in the woods and a tree falls on him, for instance [would it make a sound? ] ? The answer was of course that everything would be perfect then, so the trees wouldn't fall over, AND/OR we'd of course be perfect, and know how to avoid such situations, AND/OR the angels would protect us against such things. VoilĂ !

However - the jet-pack thing sounds much cooler - wish they had kept that. Then again; what if you over-shot while being down that elevator shaft? *splat* against the ceiling.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Interesting. We had lots of theories, like I understand that perfect people won't have accidents but even in Paradise won't there by "Time and un-forseen occurence." {like a snake talking to Eve} If the wind blows a tree over {the tree isn't perfect} we thought we would have E.S.P and sense danger so turn left! Then we realized E.S.P is Satanic so we left it in Jah's hands!

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am surprised the JWs had so much imagination about abilities that are beyond normal human experience they usually show very mundane pictures in their books and mags about the future paradise as if nothing in human nature will change towards greater power.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Hi,

Do you have a scan of that article ? That issue is hard to find.

Thanks

AO

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sorry i don't have scanning ability...if anyone else can help, you have the reference.

• dark angle
    dark angle

Nice one!!! maybe its better if the compete with marvel in making stories.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I enjoy the close minded thinking. If people had the power to fly, why would there be elevators?

Love the threads, keep it up!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    If they fall down an elevator shaft, they can let themselves down easy,

Too bad that didn't kick in for the poor Bethelite that threw himself down the elevator shaft.

F*cking cult!

• proplog2
    proplog2

Why would you need elevators?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit