DID YOU EVER HEAR ELDERS/COS/MSS OR POS EXPRESS DOUBTS?

by badboy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

All the time.

Just last month at a funeral an elder told me "I don't know about that 1914...Armageddon better come quick!"

**sigh**

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

With all these stories that everybody has of an elder or c.o. here and there making remarks that aren't exactly in line with the teachings, I just have to wonder what the real story is.

What I would like to know: how can these people in good conscience go out and tell these things to the public if they have doubts themselves??? This is hypocrisy on a grand scale.

LHG

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hi LHG!

It bothers me also.

But it can be the fear of losing everything if you don't drink the koolaid. I know elders that try to word things differently, and really do want to help the flock so they take annoying material and try to find the good in it. But still, how long can you do that?

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I knew the Society was wrong about the angels marrying Scripture, and I told someone so in service. I actually didn't know it was wrong to say something against the Society. The born-in-the-truth drone said to wait on the organization. I said I refuse to believe something I know is not true.

The Society corrected their view in the mid-90s, as you know. But that was my start of being "bad."

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Clarification:

I didn't think I was expressing/displaying any DISLOYALTY to the Society, since they were supposed to be presenting the Truth.

I thought that's what they ultimately cared about.

For you Bethel spies and others who are reading: it's NOT.

• silversurfer1
    silversurfer1

I once had a conversation with a CO in inner city Baltimore about judical committes. He said most elders in most congs really didn't qualify to serve on these committees for various reason, such as a lack of education, not truly caring for the friends and spending no time in preparation before meeting with the indidvidual. I agreed and added that most elders seem to want to be on JC's just to be in the know about peoples personal business and not to really help. He said he had suggested to the Society that select brothers be formed into a pool of brothers that the CO could draw from to form JC's whenever needed. But he also realised that these few sincere brothers would quickly burn out. After exiting this group I later came to understand this arrangement was wrong anyway. No wonder he wanted to tinker with it. The whole things wrong.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

sounds like some of these elders are really apostates, they just don't know it yet.

• flipper
    flipper

I think elders would confide these doubts to one another as one poster said, but never to normal publishers, because they have to give the appearance of accepting everything the governing body says as coming from God Jehovah. Remember, to the witnesses, everything is about appearance and how things look. It's probably why I never heard elders express doubts, I wasn't one

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

When you see a dub who loves his job, loves his team, loves his money, he is expressing many, many doubts, loud and clear.

That is me and has been me for about 25 years

• choosing life
    choosing life

"When you see a dub who loves his job, loves his team, loves his money, he is expressing many, many doubts, loud and clear."

That's 99% of all dubs that I know. If they really thought Armegeddon was knocking on their door, they would live a totally different lifestyle. They are just keeping all their bases covered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit