Finally! Jehovah's Witnesses come to see smellsgood!

by smellsgood 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Just now, I had two living, breathing, proseltyzing Jehovah's Witnesses come to the door. It's been yeaarrrs! One was very skinny and the other the other persuasion (I wonder how she would appreciate the articles re: overweight people printed in the seventies?).

Unfortunately for me of course, they couldn't have come at a worse time. I've had a mega cold for the past week, and (ladies you'll feel me here) have horridly wretched cramps twisting my innards.

Sooo....I was too startled to collect my thoughts, they offered the "What does the Bible really teach" (my only real non-online literature I have!).... I don't have the stomach for at the moment. I was very polite, but I did get in that "You know, Jehovah's Witnesses haven't been here for a looong time, we've had Mormons. Don't some JW's live closeby?" Of course I invited them back for a visit. I dearly hope they come. I got really freaked out when I heard the knock on the door, cos we're trying to sell the house, have the sign up now, and I was afeared it was someone trying to survey things even though it's expressly "by appt. only" and we're not prepared in an instant.

I am wearing my "Army National Guard" t-shirt that we received when my brother joined. I haven't changed in a week cos I've been ill, so I look like a homeless person.

I do hope they come back. I haven't had much opportunity to give an anti-witness even though I've been absorbed by everything WT for years. I should have scheduled something. I just said "will you girls come back, I would love to discuss some things with you."

Oh if they only knew I ran down to post about it on an apostate website.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

That is very cool! Hopefully they will be back and you will be feeling better!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Aren't dub visits always fun now that you've seen the light? I used to dread them coming to my door, begging me to come back to the meetings and such. Now, they don't recognize me. The two that me and wifey played with haven't returned. We must have pissed him off.

"What do you think of all the trouble our world is in today"

Actually, I think things are getting better as time goes on!

"Ub. er, ah, well, that's a very refreshing attitude to have. But what about all the disease in the world?"

Well, science is advancing more and more, and we're getting cures to diseases that have killed humans in the past. There's even a vaccination for the chicken pox now!

"????....." <insert sound of brain shorting out>

That dub was super-pissed when he left our door. The conversation didn't go his way, and he made a real effort to ignore the plastic lawn chairs and kites that were pictured in Paradise Erf.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

sg - hope you're feeling better soon!

• JK666
    JK666

You haven't changed your shirt in a week? smellsnotsogood!

• greendawn
    greendawn

No doubt you would have plenty of things to argue with them but the JWs once they realise someone is too smart for them they put it down to him/her being hopelessly blinded by false religion and don't bother coming back. The reality is of course the opposite they are the ones that got blinded.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

OH I hope they come back! And I know you'll tell us about it when they do!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I hope you feel better soon!!

BTW, when you get an offer, make sure the people are not in the middle of a divorce, get a good earnest money deposit and cover your tush. . .we had a sale fail when buyer was not honest, and he ended up getting his earnest $ back even though he had issues with getting financing that the hadn't revealed to us from the get go, that he should have. Probably not common, but make sure RE agent REALLY vets the buyers credibility and offer.

I can't wait for my first JW visit in this new house. They don't know me here:)

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Thanks Megsmomma!

Well, I've never been in the dark so to speak about the Witnesses, I've never been one in case you didn't know! ;)

But yes, I have spent much time yearning for their visits and my mind is positively whirling with ideas right now. I've really gotta brush up on some stuff I've realised.

<<<<<That dub was super-pissed when he left our door. The conversation didn't go his way, and he made a real effort to ignore the plastic lawn chairs and kites that were pictured in Paradise Erf.>>>>>>

Awesome! Yeah, I always think of how much better off we are than in the past (at least here in the West).

The pictures in the booklet are positively creepy, I don't understand how they would arouse any feelings but those of contempt and anger. They're so manufactured and ridiculous! I showed some to my younger siblings and they agreed wholeheartedly.

Thank you Madame Quixote!

<<<<<<You haven't changed your shirt in a week? smellsnotsogood!>>>>

Oh, I'm positively putrid. I had a week of eucalyptus and menthol amongst other things encrusted on my shirt. I like to think though that I could have added an owl pellet on my shoulder and I'd still have better style and more sex appeal than Miss Spears (ooh topical! It's Britney Bitch).

I realised after I posted I was also wearing some USCG jogging pants(United States Coast Guard, it says it right on the ass, so you could say I was covering all angles). They must have thought I was some sort of recruiter. Only other thing I could have done was bellow "ATTENTION" click my heels together and salute.

<<<<<No doubt you would have plenty of things to argue with them but the JWs once they realise someone is too smart for them they put it down to him/her being hopelessly blinded by false religion and don't bother coming back. The reality is of course the opposite they are the ones that got blinded.>>>>>

Yes they are almost impossible nuts to crack I realise. I shall have to be as wise as a serpent and as innocent as a Pope.

<<<<OH I hope they come back! And I know you'll tell us about it when they do!>>>

Mos def. Renee. It shall be my primary objective.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

<<<<BTW, when you get an offer, make sure the people are not in the middle of a divorce, get a good earnest money deposit and cover your tush. . .we had a sale fail when buyer was not honest, and he ended up getting his earnest $ back even though he had issues with getting financing that the hadn't revealed to us from the get go, that he should have. Probably not common, but make sure RE agent REALLY vets the buyers credibility and offer.>>>>>

Thanks for the advice JWDaughter. We have recently succumbed and hired a realtor although it is extraordinarily difficult to give up that kind of money. I hope that he would deal with that stuff, and I'm not the homeowner, but I will pass that on ;)

We had a ton of scam e-mails from the FSBO anyways. Hello, my name is Emmanuel Smith, and I'm a lawyer from Ecuador. My clients have a great deal of money in an account, only accessible if I can sucker you out of 10 grand first. I'm very honest when I'm lying...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit