Nightmares

by joelbear69 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have those kind of nightmares often.. always the ones I've lost in friendships that I miss in my life...

although last night I had a nightmare to rival any Halloween horror flick.. not sure which is worse..

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sorry to hear that the cult caused you so much trouble, that was one unique cultic case, outside in the normal world friendships don't break down so suddenly and totally as can happen with the JWs. Social life is more normal and stable.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello Joel! Nice to see you posting again!

I am sad to see you have experienced these nightmares...but in a way...it makes me feel as if I am not so alone in this. It's been eight years since I left the WTS and I still have these dreams twice a week or so, that I find myself at the Bookstudy or in a KH, and I CANNOT figure out HOW I ended up there....or how to get OUT and head for a door without causing a lot of questions and embarrassment.

I wake up in a panic and SO GLAD to be in my own bed!

I often have dreams about JWs that I especially liked, and we are always "speaking" and on great terms in these dreams. It hurts to wake up and find that THIS is still true. It certainly goes to show how very deeply this is ingrained in our hearts....and I do not have a shred of advice to give you on this.

I guess we should just be extremely grateful that we are not under the WTS control and mindset any longer, eh?

hugs,

Annie

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

hey, joel! I have a lot of bad dreams when I'm not taking my Prozac. I usually have wonderful dreams when I take the Prozac regularly. Kinda' weird, but I guess the dreams are about anxiety for me - and fear of loss - and the Prozac does something good about the anxiety issues.

Sorry to hear you are struggling with these issues. It's not easy being brought up as a jw. It makes you always question everything and everyone - most especially yourself. It can and does get better, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit