OMG! OMG! OMG! My DAD has the Sept KM QB part!! We have been....

by oompa 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• fresia
    fresia
    Fresia, too boring! Don't tell me NOBODY asked why the change from not viewing just Apostate stuff, to the FDS not approving "ANY" other literature/websites. Was it just a normal boring part or was there any buzz?

They read scriptures that were sited, the buzz was no one cared it was apathetic, and one brother just laughed and answered where to they get the time to do anything other than all we have to do with preperations for the meetings. Basically nothing was said, and if anyone didn't agree nothing was said, quiet a few put there hands up but mainly the elders answered.

• TwentyYearsOut
    TwentyYearsOut

lesterd, great info.!

Kind of like '1984', where the past is erased, so it never happened.

Shows us what kind of organization this is.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    The written direction will be there and can be used to DF someone if need be, but the rationalization for the rank and file will also be presented.

EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY

I agree with this 100% As long as I can remember I have always been the one to defend the FDS when it came to "strictly" written articles, always the one to defend it and say "well, now we need to have BALANCE. The FDS wants us to view this with BALANCE."

This knee-jerk reaction to all WT articles is what keeps R&F in denial that the WTS is a high control org. That they make decisions for the R&F.

The fact is, (and this is only clear to those looking objectively) these articles are not written by accident, understanding the words used and NOT used are absolutely critical in really knowing what the WTS is saying.

As in so many other cases, this subject will be left alone for a few years. No one will ever think anything of it because we are "balanced".
    Then when the WTS really decides to put the hammer down on the internet and personal study, they will say"we told you about this years ago, see! Look at the Sept 07 KM. Why didnt you listen? Do you lack faith? Are you not keeping up with Jehovah's direction?"

This is EXACTLY how things get done in this org and we ALL know it! This will go right over everyones heads like nothing but will give Elders and CO's the needed authority to tighten control over the R&F.

• fresia
    fresia

The org is political and the so called sheep are apathetic, they will go along with whatever they say, it has become like that.

After the meetings, what do they talk about, nothing spiritual you would be hard bent on finding someone to discuss the bible or anything that was said, they talk about the day, their job, shopping the new colour they want to paint the house, or winge about their kids and school what ever.

They have become spiritually lazy just as the org wants them to become, they are so warn out by trying to support themselves and their familias what with all the meetings and preperation they have no time to really think and dont want to, so the society does it for them, and it works for the society and for them, because they cant think it is a religion a controlling religion, worn out and couldn't be bothered flock just passively go along not rocking the boat it is easier.

They have become spiritually and mentally lazy.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I've heard of Miracle Wheat and Pyramids and No Leaches for Christians and Jehovah lives in the Pleiades and the evils of Aluminum Cookware...

But I hadn't yet heard of these two little gems mentioned by Auld Soul:

and the existence of both glass and wood atoms ... and air baths

You wouldn't happen to have the references for these would you. I am firmly convinced that you're just a demonized apostate making wild, unsubstantiated accusations.

Open Mind

• 5go
    5go

The fact is, (and this is only clear to those looking objectively) these articles are not written by accident, understanding the words used and NOT used are absolutely critical in really knowing what the WTS is saying.

As in so many other cases, this subject will be left alone for a few years. No one will ever think anything of it because we are "balanced".
    Then when the WTS really decides to put the hammer down on the internet and personal study, they will say"we told you about this years ago, see! Look at the Sept 07 KM. Why didnt you listen? Do you lack faith? Are you not keeping up with Jehovah's direction?"

I have noticed that too!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I honestly think the WTS wants the elder giving the part to balance it out a bit.

This is one of the many reasons I abandoned all hope of reform and left. I realized that by "balancing out" the parts and talks I was assigned, all I was doing was making the material from "mother" seem more balanced and reasonable than it was, and softening the blows that were heaped upon the rank and file.

After a really smooth rendition of material such as the KM article under discussion, many dubs will be able to say: "Well, it looked for a minute there like the Society was a bit off balance, but after hearing that wonderful talk from that nice elder, I now reallize I just wasn't looking at it correctly."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    the buzz was no one cared it was apathetic

I really believe that this has caused a bigger stir in the Outside Community than it will in the K.H. The article says that it discourages serious deep study groups with websites and stuff, and of course it recommends its own books but I see no ban on looking at anything else. Some zealots might see it that way if they get bored with smart-arse people saying something interesting at the WT .. but I do not think that those who have built up a library are going to throw them away. At least not yet.

• oompa
    oompa

BluesBrother:

but I see no ban on looking at anything else.

Funny, thiat is kind of what my dad said. Yet who in the org. want to do ANYTHING that is not approved by the org. The article clearly states that the FDS "does not endorse (approve) any" information they do not create. Are there any current elders that see it this way?

afraid you are right about JW's not really noticing....oompa

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Someone that attends that meeting should ask during the comments if old Watchtowers can be used then?

Good point, Jeff. I'd like to see that question posed with a slight difference:

Fader: "It's OK to reference last year's WT, right?"

DubElder: "Of course!"

Fader: "How about 2002 and 2005 WTs?"

DubElder: "By all means!"

Fader: "And it's OK to read and reference WTs from the 1940s?"

DubElder: "Whoa now.....er....why would you want to do that?"

Fader: "Well, I don't know, but is it OK or not?"

DubElder: "I'll have to research that...."

Fader: "OK, and when you do, please find out exactly at what point in the history of the Society's literature we are to stop reading -

1990? 1980? 1970? Oh, and one more thing. WHY?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit