OMG! OMG! OMG! My DAD has the Sept KM QB part!! We have been....

by oompa 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    He does not know why the FDS use the term "endorse" when they have never been known for endorsing anything before.

Well, to be fair, they HAVE endorsed false prophecies ... and Miracle Wheat ... and the existence of both glass and wood atoms ... and air baths ... and a religion that deceptively claims to be Bible based.

• fresia
    fresia

Had a talk tonight on Stranger Danger, to be wary of the media and its lies about the WTS and also the biasness of the media cant trust, they are half truths or lies. The sheep know the shepherds voice so they should avoid anthing other than what we learn at the meetings and from the bible.

Then it was question box time. Was handled ok without any great drama. Just basically saying the the GB does not endorse private group study and nor does it endorse get togthers on the net and own web sites, have enough spiritual food provided by the FDS why waste time getting into things that leave us with more questions and can wreak our faith. Basically if we need to get deeper in study we can go to the insight book or other publications. All these studies and private chat without the FDS endorment just causes divisions and the next step is apostacy.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Will be with my parents tomorrow since grandma is in town. I might even go to the meeting with them just to hear it for myself!

• unique1
    unique1

Sounds like your dad will present it in a balanced manner since your discussion. Most elders would not. I say go to both just to see the difference in presentation.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I honestly think the WTS wants the elder giving the part to balance it out a bit. Its all part of their little mind game. A strict reading of the QB, especially with a JW mindset, would show that the WTS wants absolutely NO outside research to be done on spiritual things. I would take this to also mean, no Strong's, no e-sword, nothing. However, to overcome the cognitive dissonance happening in the members minds and to help them rationalize that this isn't 1) unscriptural and 2) a sure sign of a "high control group" I would think that any PO would likely handle himself or give it to a person that would tone it down just a touch. The written direction will be there and can be used to DF someone if need be, but the rationalization for the rank and file will also be presented.

The thing that would awaken more people would be a hard core presentation.

• fresia
    fresia

The thing that would awaken more people would be a hard core presentation.

You are right it was very much tonuge in check the elder that handled to talk was xPO, and is the most easy going elder we have, he really tried to lighten it up in the beginning he asked the question does the GB endorse privatate groups studies ect; the answer he said NO, then said ok next talk and everyone laughed then he got into the article.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The events in the Watchtower "theocracy" this week call to mind a Time magazine article "Intimidation in Tehran". LINK HERE

The Iranian theocracy staged a sudden crackdown on minor infringements of their interpretation of Islamic law - a veil too thin, sleeves too short, journalists covering the news, etc.

Then they let up, so that it APPEARED that there was freedom in Iran when really the people were intimidated.

So it goes in the WT Society, crackdowns - and then people trying to soften the blow to make it all appear reasonable. In both cases, the theocratic rulers are scared of their slipping power so they do what they do best -- intimidation of people who are just trying to live their lives.

Screw theocracy.

• oompa
    oompa
    AuldSoul:

Well, to be fair, they HAVE endorsed false prophecies ... and Miracle Wheat ... and the existence of both glass and wood atoms ... and air baths ... and a religion that deceptively claims to be Bible based.

Ha HA HA too funny Auld, wish I had thought to say that at the time!

Fresia:

Then it was question box time. Was handled ok without any great drama. Just basically saying the the GB does not endorse private group study and nor does it endorse get togthers on the net and own web sites, have enough spiritual food provided by the FDS why waste time getting into things that leave us with more questions and can wreak our faith. Basically if we need to get deeper in study we can go to the insight book or other publications. All these studies and private chat without the FDS endorment just causes divisions and the next step is apostacy.

Fresia, too boring! Don't tell me NOBODY asked why the change from not viewing just Apostate stuff, to the FDS not approving "ANY" other literature/websites. Was it just a normal boring part or was there any buzz?

Unique 1: Sounds like your dad will present it in a balanced manner since your discussion. Most elders would not.

Actually Unique, I think he is going to try and gloss over this like it is no big deal; nothing new. And he HOPES nobody asks any questions about it. He laughed when I told him I may be there to do so.

I also think Doubing Bro has nailed it. I am afraid most elders are going to try and balance it, tone it down. Nobody wants to queston anything, make waves. Nobody "in" wants to admit that their leaders would take away such baisic freedoms as GENERAL PUBLIC INFORMATION! Only cults do that, and who in 6 million would ever want to believe they are in a cult.

I sure didn't....oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good thing I don't need to go. I don't want to get hounded or, worse yet have some family thinking they are doing me a huge favor in claiming me as theirs. I can get all the information right here on this board, unbiased, and find out what exactly the reactions are going to be among other Witlesses.

I found out about it here on this board toward the end of July. And only now are the people in the congregations actually going through it. Six weeks ahead! I found out 6 weeks ahead, as an apostate who is no longer going to any meetings, of those who are going through all the meetings every week. Talk about getting spiritual poison before it gets released, and then waiting to see what happens when the poison is released instead of having to actually make the adjustments.

And I will continue using other sources for religious enlightenment. This board and the apostate Web sites are my primary source of religious enlightenment, and I feel they do a better job than any church (and especially any Kingdumb Hell). Occasionally I will peek at the official Web site, but only to see if there is anything else I can poke fun of and tear apart. I believe that all one needs is a Bible and fully integrated honesty to become spiritually enlightened--and then you will develop your own conclusions.

• lesterd
    lesterd

FDS this FDS that, when will the RF figure out that there are no FDS at the helm of the WT anymore, that generation thing they kept pounding on should tell them that.

And who did the FDS use to validate their intruptations in the NWT?

Johannes Greber

In 1962 they started to use a Spiritualist and Medium named Johannes Greber to support their doctrines and their Bible translation. (The New World translation)

Even when God Forbids us to consult them, follow them, or use them in any form.
    The Bible condemns all forms of spiritualism.
    Leviticus 19:31, 20:6,27 Deuteronomy 18:10-12, Galatians 5:12, Revelation 21:8

Even still the Watchtower society used him for 14 years!

The word, who is he? according to John 1962, pg. 5

The Watchtower, Sept. 15,1962 pg. 554

Make sure of all things, 1965, pg. 489

Aid to Bible understanding, 1971, pg. 1134

Aid to Bible understanding, 1971, pg. 1669

The Watchtower, Oct. 15, 1975, pg. 640

The Watchtower, April, 15,1976,pg.231

Now you may ask where's the lie?
    In 1983 someone wrote to the Watchtower and asked about them using Johannes Greber in their publications.
    The Watchtower said that according to the forward in Johannes Greber's 1980 translation of the Bible, he said that God's spirit world helped him translate his translation and his wife was a spirit medium.
    So the Watchtower has deemed it improper to make use of a translation that has such a close rapport with spiritism. Deu. 18:10-12.

But back in 1955 in a book that they published called "What do the Scriptures say about survival after death" on page 88 it said that "It comes as no surprise that one Johannes Greber, a former Catholic clergyman, has become a spiritualist" also the same article was repeated in the Oct.1, 1955 Watchtower on page 603.

Then in the Feb.15,1956 Watchtower on pages 110-111 it said "Very plainly the spirits in which ex-priest Greber believes helped him in his translation"

They still used him in the 1987 Spanish version of the book called "Aid to Bible understanding" on page 1258. Even after they said that they only found out in 1980, which is not true, it was in 1955!

WHY DID THEY USE HIM FOR SUPPORT OF THEIR TRANSLATION OF THE N.W.T. BIBLE, AND THEN LIE ABOUT KNOWING WHO AND WHAT HE WAS?

The Watchtower puts out a book called a index that has all their subject listings from 1930-1985. How come they only show that they used Greber two times, once in 62, when they first used him and again in 83, when they said that they found out that he was a spiritualist? What about all the other times they used him? How come they didn't list the 1955 or the 1956 W.T. or the Survival after death book? (Those said that Greber was a spiritualist). They hide the fact that they knew who he was, A Spiritualist!
    Sounds like a cover up to me!

Now since the organization has left out these references in their Index, when the average witness tries to look them up, he can't find them! It makes it very hard for him to check them out. Thanks to the organization!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit