Discovery Channel Show about History of Noah on Right Now

by erynw 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• erynw
    erynw

Woohoo! I got JCanon to comment on my little old thread. I feel..... You know I love ya

The show on the Discovery Channel did talk about the Epic of Gilgamesh and presented an alternative theory to the biblical Noah story. It was very interesting. If you get a chance, give it a watch.

I find the biblical account hard to believe, for a million different reasons, but mainly because there are fresh water and salt water fish. The water would have been, at best, brackish, and many species of fish can not tolerate any change in salinity at all. A "friend" once told me that God changed all of the fish to withstand the salinity changes. I asked, If he could do that, why not give all animals and Noah and his family, temporary gills and save Noah all of the trouble of building a big boat? My friend said

• erynw
    erynw

Just noticed I got a flaming folder. My first. Yippee!

• sir82
    sir82

Guys,

The "Discovery Channel" is not endorsed by the "faithful & discreet slave".

If you want to know about the flood, the "Creation" book has all the information that you could possibly want.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I don't have cable TV. For what it is worth, most people don't realize that the story of Noah found in the Bible is an edited version made from two older stories. This is well known among Biblical scholars. By examining the text they are able to gain many clues about who wrote what parts of the Bible and when. Using information found in the book Who Wrote the Bible? by Richard Friedman, I separated the two stories from each other back in this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/134240/2390025/post.ashx#2390025

Dave

• erynw
    erynw

Guys,

The "Discovery Channel" is not endorsed by the "faithful & discreet slave".

If you want to know about the flood, the "Creation" book has all the information that you could possibly want.

Dang it, and I JUST destroyed my creation book. What are the odds? Maybe we can all take solace from Hallucinations 12:6 which says "JWs are nut jobs. Amen and Amen."

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    The Bible says "winds" were used to dissipate the water. This could have included great waterspouts that funneled the water out into outer space. Thus strict Biblical fundamentalists wouldn't expect to make a comparison for confirmation of the present water and ice here in confirmation of the global flood, other than making that incidental observation, which instead would confirm that an excess of the water was removed. In the meantime, we all know quite well there is water in outer space since it accummulates around comets that come close to the earth. So the current amount of water and ice on the planet is a NON-ISSUE. - JCanon

Funny that. Fundies like yourself have always been glad to MAKE IT AN ISSUE that if all the ice in the world melted, we would be able to simulate Noah's flood. Now it seems that you are quite happy to bend over backwards to insist that excess water was tossed into outer space via waterspouts, thus the water deficit!!!! Tossing water into OUTERSPACE!!! Planet Earth TAKING A PISS in the Noachian days! Would you care to explain the mechanism for such a fantastic hypothesis? Or are we taking great liberties at being utilitarian?

Is it a personal talent of yours to dress up pig fodder as an apologist defense? So many questions for you, doubtless you'll just ignore them all and pretend that you're still smiling. "Non-issue", Hah! You wish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As far as the local flood versus global flood goes, various cultures with legends about the global flood is definitely consistent with all of these cultures coming from the same common famly tree, which would have been Noah. Further that all mankind are a single genotype worldwide also suggests a single common origin. So the local flood story is NON-APPLICABLE and INCONCLUSIVE. - JCanon

"All mankind are a single GENOTYPE"?? I didn't realise we are remnants of the Clone Wars. Avoid bioscience lingo. I'll let you play with it when you're a bit older.

Like I said before, there are ethnic tales of blood-sucking creatures across many cultures, are you Noachian fans prepared to hail this as proof that vampires exist(ed)??

INQ

• erynw
    erynw
    I didn't realise we are remnants of the Clone Wars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit