Do the Equinoxes Affect Mood?

by nvrgnbk 48 Replies latest watchtower medical

• kwr
    kwr

I know that heat affects my mood. I get cranky when it is above ninety degrees and downright insane when it is 100 and above.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Nvr, I've heard it's something to do with the proximity of the moon to the earth at these times - it is nearer and exerts extra gravitational pull - which is why you get very high tides. Since the body, and particularly the brain is a large percentage of water, the extra pull can have a similar effect on the body/brain.

My sister who used to work in A&E (ER) also said that the number of suicide attempts used to increase when it was a full moon. They called it 'moon madness' - much like the Romans when they called people lunatics. So if you have combined full moon and close proximity to the earth, it looks like it may spell bigger trouble

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

shameless bttt to see if nvr gets any more on topic replies

and cos I've killed too many threads lately

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Awww.

Very sweet of you, Sad emo.

Thanks!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Do you think you're being affected nvr?

I spent this morning feeling pretty miserable for no particular reason - fixed it with cream cakes though!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Do you think you're being affected nvr?

Perhaps.

I guess we all are to some degree.

I'm not much for sweets, but the cream cakes sound like tasty medicine.

• alias
    alias

Nvr,

I believe so. And a whole lot of other things too.

alias

• flipper
    flipper

WHAT-A-COINCIDENCE- Hey man, I see you found a Bigfoot ! Dude, you gotta post that on my Bigfoot thread ! Cool! Seems a bit undernourished though! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Oh! Hey NVR- Sorry bud. Didn't mean to hijack talkin' Bigfoots here! Equinoxes? Good question on whether they affect our moods. Mrs. Flipper says she has heard about the solstices affecting moods. Seasonal affective disorder, but she's not sure about the equinoxe's. Peace out to ya, think I'm gonna drink and have me a good mood. Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit