Why do some believe in alien conspiracies?

by Seeker 19 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

rem, who is on a heavy dose of vicodin right now, so this might not have made any sense! :)

No, rem, I think you should stay on the vicodin. imo.

• sf
    sf

"Did you not watch my autobiography, "Project: ALF"?"

Oh yes. And for "those" who have not:

< http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=project+ALF&hc=0&hs=2

< http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=project+ALF+government+secrets&hc=0&hs=0

sKally, happy trails!

• chasson
    chasson

Hi seeker and rem,

Good point.

What it interested me in this kind of theory is the mix of good research and the stupid assertion without any evidence.

When springmeier introduce the rosthschild's bloodline in his book, he begin with a good resume of the story of the rothschild pick up from an historian's book, but after three good pages he begin to talk about "satanic's ritual" and "occult" without evidence, he says that so it is true ;-)

Bye

Charles

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

mango

~smiling in a ruined age~

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hi Seeker:

Your question is completely legitimate and reasonable.

For some, the supposed existence of these things is an attempt to articulate metaphysical concepts and is an intellectual stimulus. Wrestling with the problem ie whether they exist is an entertaining pastime.

For others, there is an investment, for reasons I cannot understand, in trying to convince others that weird stuff happens... like people don't already know that....

For yet others, and I include myself in this group, there is an urge to heal from indescribable pain and loss because of the abuse that was inflicted upon them by people who actively subscribe to and engage in these weird things.

There is no language for some of life's experiences. Just a scream inside, or a compulsion to find some kind of explanation or rationale for why such twisted, damaging hate exists. Why people buy into such conspiracies. Why they need and are so willing to provide "sacrifices" - usually their own children.

As a person who was personally a witness and victim of atrocities committed in the name of some of these so-easily-dismissed and laughable little theories, I have suffered horror and fear such that my mind has broken.

I want it back. My mind, that is. Part of accomplishing that is trying to define just what happened. Who was evil? Why? Why me? How does God or anyone else for that matter tolerate the existence of such breathtakingly hideous evil? Just how much power and influence do they still retain, on me, or anyone else for that matter? How can I even determine this, when they are so phenomenally adept at disguising themselves? When people demand proof that they exist, when there is none, and the whole thing is dismissed as a joke by 99.99 % of everyone you ever met?

I agree with Patio, line for line. What rational person wouldn't? I want proof, too. But, it's not gonna happen. Just like the survivor of incest by some luminous PO will never get proof. I envy the WTS incest survivor, in an of course pathetic manner.... (at least that person has others who believe them.... a website devoted to their causes... etc. )

I'll NEVER forget a quote by larc, so long ago I cannot reference it or quote it with any accuracy, but it is an ice-shard in my veins: "My neighbor is a 32 degree mason. He is a nice person. He's been really nice to me and my family." At the time, I remember shaking and crying - I substituted the words "JW elder" for "mason" and wondered how many people had entrusted their children to WT lords who had subsequently abused them... never thinking for a second that such an atrocity could be imaginable....

It's a disgusting exercise, looking into such dark, foul matters. When one is confronted with evidence which requires them to either admit reality or lie to themselves, however, they have to choose whether to go ahead and plunge forth into the muck. If they are able. Not many are able. Those who try are vilified. Bill Bowen is an example. Most of the time it's not worth the effort or sickening side effects. I don't blame anyone for bailing and trying to have a life.

Please know, however, Seeker, that perhaps some of the speculations and inquiries about matters to which you speak in your question are sincere efforts to make sense of things that don't make sense by people who are desperate. (And yes, some are admittedly unbalanced.)

This board is not the appropriate place to address such issues. Of this, I'm convinced. Alas, there are not many genuine or credible alternatives.

While not trying to even remotely suggest that you need to engage in dialogues pertaining to weird conspiracy-theory UFO stuff or need to be convinced of their existence, if you could try and be tolerant, it would relieve me, and perhaps other 'seekers' who read threads such as this, of retraumatization when we read about how unbelieveable it all is... with the veiled implication that those who have no choice but to believe because they were THERE are contaminating annoyances......

Uck. I hate the way this comes off. I'm posting it anyway.

It's only water from a stranger's tear (Peter Gabriel)

• karen7680
    karen7680

I think that people who were raised in the organization are taught to be paranoid. Paranoid of the government, "worldly" people, and god knows what else! When they leave the organization, the paranoia stays. Maybe it's just a learned that gets thrown in the other direction. Now that they do not trust the society, they are paranoid of them!

I am paranoid of the society. But not of them being taken over by aliens or run by the masons or anything else. I am paranoid that they have so much power over my family that they will do anything in the name of Jehovah ... even kill if so deemed by the omniscient governing body.

Do I think they're possessed? No ... but I think their brain cells could use a workout, seeing how the gb does all their thinking for them.

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love on
    another." -Jonathan Swift

• sf
    sf

So Laura,How ARE you doing now with your healing process?

Love, sKally

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

sKally, my very essential friend,

I thank you for asking, and I must say that at the present time,

I am rocking in the free world

And am at this precise moment feeling quite 'reconciled'. That feels so great.

YOU are a part of how I got there and YOU will always have my support. YOU rock.

laura

• sf
    sf

"I am rocking in the free world"

Ah yes, the Free World. haha

Is it Now?

"YOU will always have my support. YOU rock."

Thanks...sKally

• SYN
    SYN

They're aren't called conspiracy THEORIES for nothing!

At the end of the day, they're interesting, but virtually of them are bogus.

That doesn't change the fact that I find them fascinating and so do many other people.

I would have to see hard evidence (i.e. something proveable in a court of law) first before I began to actually start believing in some of the more outlandish theories, tho.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit