The peace racket

by John Doe 33 Replies latest jw friends

• stealyourface
    stealyourface
    If you want peace, make it a bad bet to attack you. there will always be those who desire what you have, or to take you down a rungs. We have a responsibility to our children to ensure that they are safe, and the biggest threat we currently face is islamic fascism, communism might be staging a comeback, and the neocommunism of today's hard left poses a fifth collumn danger right within our walls.~RollerDave

Right on, Roller!

Antonio Gramcsci's development of multiculturalism as a political tool and the West's buy in to it via academia and our pols have fostered a fifth column. The words of Khrushchev ring true when he said 'We will bury you', although with a twist. We will bury ourselves (Western Civilization, that is).

I am beginning to wonder if the purpose of 20th century cults besides control of people and accumulation of wealth is to foster in their communitys or in the freed population a Gramscian multi-cultural live and let live philosophy. They join the ranks of the fifth column that RollerDave speaks of.

Neville Chamberlain sought to appease the Nazi regime and limit the expansion of the Soviet Union through the Munich Agreement, but it didn’t give Britain peace, limit communism or stop the Nazis. The current war was initiated not as a defensive action to avenge 9-11 nor to rid Iraq of a dictator despite what GWB still believes (or pretends too). He has been bought and paid for by an industry dependent on a region of the world that subscribes to an ideology diametrically opposed to the West. Pulling out of Iraq and ceasing all US military actions anywhere will not bring peace, nor will it solve our greedy imperialistic ways. However, that is another topic.

I will say this for the peace movement; it has given us some good music. The Guthries, Pete Seeger, Phil Ochs and Bob Dylan are some of my favorites. I now just find myself less able to tolerate some of their philosophies.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I find a lot of statements made in these types of threads to be hilarious. Does that make me a troll? lol

• 5go
    5go

The war of 1812?

The White House whas burned.

That was done because the US burned Otawa first.

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

JD, If you have an opinion and [eventually] express it, no.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Let's just say I sympathize and agree with a majority of the initial post.

• 5go
    5go
    If you want peace, make it a bad bet to attack you.

I think 9/11 disproves that concept totaly. The USA has nukes and the greastest military ever yet it was attacked with little if no harm returned to the perpetraitors of 9/11. Also when the USA does try to return the favor more and more people join the fight against the USA because of their fear of the USA's military might.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

John Doe,
    It is people with your view that we need to get rid of. I believe violence should be perpetuated against all who believe like you. Then we would have peace, once your kind is exterminated. Come to my house sometime. I'd love to have you for dinner. The best defence is a good offence. I'll be having Machiavelian pie for desert.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Strawman Shawn, but nice try.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

That depends on how much you agree with that article you posted. If you agree totally, then my sights are right on target. I'd lke to reccommend to you a book called Addicted to War, and a film called Why we Fight.

Assuming you agree with that article; I'd say that the ideas that that article espouses are "old world" and "old paradigm." It is exactly the philosophy that progressives are fighting to obliterate. This "war apologetics" is public enemy #1. It is the single most important job we have today - overcoming the rhetoric of war. nothing is more important than that.

this means that you are the biggest problem in the whole world, you and your like minded fellows. How does that feel? In modern educated society, we have established ways to deal with people without armed response. We are capable of having world peace instantly, right now if we all want it. But, people like you who believe in the power of the bullet and the bomb, take us back to caveman days when we clubbed each other over the head. Now a days we just have bigger clubs. But we also have words that can incite and words that unite. We need to choose the right words, and leave the old "threaten and intimidate philosophy" behind. You stand for the old, stagnation instead of change. you are so stuck in a world of percieved realities that you haven't learned how to imagine, what might be, or what is possible.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    We are capable of having world peace instantly,

Can you give me one example of a time when there was ever world peace?

The article in no way makes the claim or call to action that your post does. No one is making the argument your post did, and that's where the strawman comes in.

I'm a realist, and I have an excellent understanding of human nature. Your problem with "my kind," seems from your post at least, to be that we see things as they are, and not the way an idealist would want things to be. Is that a fair statement?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit