moped questions

by rebel8 12 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux
    Do you have to use the pedals to get up hills? If so that's enough to make me forget this idea.

yeah, the pedals give you that extra push when you need it. some models are also started with them.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux
    Even a 2 stroke liquid cooled engine is less polluting than an air cooled. The key is keeping the engine at a constant temp for proper fuel ignition...

yep, this is true of all vehicles. when your thermostat goes out, some people think that a cooler running t-stat is better. not so, you have to get the one designed for your engine. this is espically true of fuel injected cars. if your temps. are out of wack, the car will do some goofy stuff. the computer doesn't know you've changed it, and keeps trying to adjust accordingly.

keeping engines properly tuned, clean, and changing the oil is something alot of people overlook. these are the best things you can do to save at the pump and avoid un-necessary polluting.

• BFD
    BFD

Hi Rebel8,

I think it's great that you want to do whatever you can for the environment. However, I would never ride a moped around the country roads in my neck of the woods strictly for safety reasons. And, yes, I think going 40 mph on these roads would be very dangerous even in broad daylight.

I hope you re-consider.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit