Request - May 1974 Kingdom Ministry (1975 selling homes etc)

by AlphaOmega 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I inherited some issues of the KM from my mother-in-law. She had highlighed that insert, but that didn't show when I put it into a PDF. The entire article (4 pages) can be downloaded from this filesharing site:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=e2bb6433d5349ff1f91be019fbba3b56

It's about 370 kb.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Mr Alpha Omega
    Omega House
    End Town
    AO 3ND
    England

Dear Mr Cabasilas,

You are a gentleman. Many thanks for your hard work in this
    matter. A pint of flat lumoy warm English beer awaits you if you ever arrive on
    these shores.

Yours faithfully

A. Omega

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

You're most welcome. Last night, wifey and I went to see the Bourne Ultimatum and I thought of you during the London scenes (and Waterloo station). Someday I'd love to visit the UK and see the sights. I'll look forward to the pint and spending a few days scavenging through some old book shops.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Secondhand bookshops aplenty here !

Look forward to it my friend.

Can't believe the article - even though the end was so very close - they were still asking people to apply for Bethel service !!!

• theMartian
    theMartian

When I was studying the Bible with them (1968), and they told me 1975 was going to wrap things up- I laughed at them, saying " YOU were the ones who showed me Jesus' words- that even HE didn't know the day nor the hour- only his Father! And now you say YOU do???"

I'm STILL a JW- who knows to ignore such drivel! It comes from "keeping it close in mind" as the scriptures advocate. The imagination is the problem !

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Alpha Omega,

I was at Brooklyn Bethel when that KM came out. I remember when we went over that article at the Service Meeting. I was in the Brooklyn Heights Congregation that met at Bethel and had just started on the night shift in the bindery. The Bethel family grew by leaps and bounds at that time. It was only a few months later that they bought the Towers Hotel building for some more space.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Martian...

I'm STILL a JW- who knows to ignore such drivel! It comes from "keeping it close in mind" as the scriptures advocate. The imagination is the problem !

The problem is not their imagination - I favour it is their intent.

You saw through it - and I believe I know why.

Why should people belong to an organisation that claims already to have discerned what is from God - only to have to do their own personal filtering anyway ?

Doesn't that make it a bit of a mockery of the idea "united in woship" and all those other phrases? One of the things that JWs use to "prove" that they are "The Truth" is that they have unity of belief... we both know that not to be true.

BTW - don't you have some reading to do "on another place"

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Martian ... I see you have replied already - back soon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit