Request - May 1974 Kingdom Ministry (1975 selling homes etc)

by AlphaOmega 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Hi,

Does anyone "out there" have a good scan of the May 1974 Kingdom Ministry - it is it often quoted for it's boldness about encouraging people to sell their homes...

Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of then-

days in this old system in the pioneer service Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's

I would be really grateful if anyone can dig it out.

Many thanks

AO

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Just had a quick glance thru it on the CD and can't find it ,could it be another month ,time?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

*** km 5/74 p. 3 How Are You Using Your Life? ***

Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.—1 John 2:17.

I have a scan - but it is a bi-tone scan and would really love a decent greyscale or colour scan.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Oh yes there it is ,how would I insert it here?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Wow - you have a scan? That was quick.

Go to www.tinypic.com and upload it there - that'll give you an web address to paste into your reply.

Many thanks

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

AlphaOmega:

It is not the best scan in the world but might help! It is from the website below.

2Q. Did the Society members begin to get rid of their possessions and make special sacrifices in order to prepare for 1975? Did the Society condone this activity?

Yes. In various ways this information was reported and evaluated. The Society's attitude is revealed in the following: "Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end."

Kingdom Ministry, May 1974, p.3

http://www.blueletterbible.org/study/cults/exposejw/chap1.html

Cheers! Atlantis-

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Hi Mr Atlantis.

Thanks for that - it is slightly better than the one that I have.

I am trying to find one that looks more "genuine" (with text showing from the reverse etc). I know that the text is on the CD, but there is still something "definate" about producing a scan

Thanks for the beer - I'll leave it "in the pipe" until tonight (lunchtime here) - I'll gladly accept the coffee and two lumps of extra caffine please.

Any luck with Adobe / ABBYY ?

AO

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

AlphaOmega:

Coffee and donuts! Sounds good! Have the beer when your home relaxing from the days work!

Purchased this one.

http://www.ffcsoftware.com/9023.htm

Cheers! Atlantis-

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

WOW - Good price

Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour alt

• fresia
    fresia

Had a relative that sold home, quit job and went into the full time pioneer him and his wife, they had three kids still at school, now they have no money for retirment, the kids have no real education and make a living cleaning and working odd jobs. They believed in the hype of the day that the WTS was saying, preach and preach, the end is nigh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit