... finding a heavenly hope...

by Redwood 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

Deputy Dog the verses you referenced are great but the JWs try to get round that by the fanciful creation of an earth bound class. True there is no real biblical support for this nonsense though they twist a couple of verses to make them fit it.

In the NT there is only one class of Christians and one faith and destination, and even the pre christian saints had a heavenly hope.

Redwood you would find a more wholesome experience outside the dubs because the dubs do not accept the adoption by the spirit so as to become part of God's own family. They remain servants in His household.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

greendawn

Deputy Dog the verses you referenced are great but the JWs try to get round that by the fanciful creation of an earth bound class. True there is no real biblical support for this nonsense though they twist a couple of verses to make them fit it.

In the NT there is only one class of Christians and one faith and destination, and even the pre christian saints had a heavenly hope

I understand that, but if you don't believe the bible, why would you believe me?

Maybe another tact would be to look at the alternatives. Without a heavenly hope where you gonna go? Hell?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Deputy you misunderstood my post I am also a believer in the heavenly destiny of the faithful but I was trying in a way to play the Devil's advocate and mention how the dubs argue on the issue and try to disprove the heavenly destiny of all Christians.

Obviously the other sheep refered to by Christ are not the members of a silly cult that was to appear nearly 2 000 years later and the 144 000 are very obviously a symbolic number of equally symbolic male, virginal, Jews.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

greendawn

Deputy you misunderstood my post...

I know you are a believer and understood you. My point is, if a person can't ditch the WT lie, why would they take the words of Deputy Dog, over the bible?

• Perry
    Perry

Welcome to the board! And, thank you for your testimony.

Some of that "need to know everyhing" mentality is left overs from the illusion that the WT knew everything about everything. It will fade and you'll become more comfortable withholding certain beliefs and judgements until the Lord shows you truths about things.

For me, as a 4th generation witness, indoctrinated actively since childhood, the Holy Spirit had to directly speak truth into my spirit before I could grasp certain things. But, in general I was surprised how other Christians were not driven to "know" everything like I seemed to be after I exchanged my life for Christ. They seemed more content to just be with the Lord... wherever.

As you grow, your destination will fade in importance and whom you'll be with will become everything. It did with me. I know that if I died tonight I would be in the presence of the Lord. That presence alone would fill every desire, every need. I believe, that I would wait with him and upon his return to Jerusalem I would be with him. I believe Jesus will physically return to Jerusalem and walk right up and sit on the throne of King David, as the rightful heir. I believe billions of people and most nations will still be here that survived the battle of Armageddon. There will be great administration needs in the form of mayors, governors, govt.employees, etc. Jesus will shepherd the nations for one thousand years.

You"ll find a lot of theories about "end times" among Christians. None of us will know the details until the LORD tells us. And, he does speak. Ask him to confirm your salvation. Ask him for the baptism of the holy spirit. These were two milestones for me after my conversion to christianity.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I know just what your going through.

Jehovah by means of his good pleasure calls ones he wants, note I say out of his good pleasure" he does what he wants and he is pleased to call whom he wants.

Do not degrade your self along with your hope, if you feel Jehovah has invited you to take on the divine nature along with him and his son, then choose based on the knowledge that you are willingly giveing up your right to life here on earth as a human as paid for by Christ's shed blood.

Shane

http://www.divineplan.org/

• NoLoveLost
    NoLoveLost

One of the great things about being a 'run of the mill' Christian is that you are 'allowed' to have a variety of takes on biblical issues. There are some Christians who believe in an 'earthly/heavenly hope'. If you like to read, Anthony Hoekema has written a book called 'The Bible and the Future' which is an eschatological book with a chapter at the end entitled The New Earth. He has some really interesting ideas and an enjoyable perspective to read from.

• Redwood
    Redwood

Thank you for such loving responses! As I said in my original post...I no longer associate - at all. I do believe in the bible - and get this I picked up a HOLY BIBLE and read it. from front to back. I was amazed to find so many of my beliefs were based on what had been taught to me. However, as I said I am still struggeling with some of the ingrained beliefs.

Reading the bible uncovered the most powerful belief stripping information the first is "He will know us by our works" some translations "our love". The two greatest commands as stated in the NT Love God and Love your nieghbor. NOT go to meetings, don't drink caffine, practice confession, ect. He will know us by the way we love each other (christians) and by the way we love others. Can you imagine what would happen to RELIGION is that was taught? Just a thought.

The next stripping came after some agonizing struggle - but i "caved" and researched the orgin of the JW religion. Although the dates all sounded familiar - I was unaware that they were the foundation of the JW religion (as well as other religions) The HOLY BIBLE clearly - very clearly - states NO ONE KNOWS THE HOUR IN WHICH I AM COMING - ONLY THE FATHER.

HELLO! wow That verse blows a few religions out the way. Would it not be a practice of ?sourcery?diviniation? or just plain ANTICHRIST to believe and then teach that you (as in religion) are as great as GOD and you can unwrap and predict what GOD & JESUS both warn and state is unpredictable! HA. Who needs to be disfellowshipped now?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Just by looking at the avatar, I thought WTWizard had fallen completely out of his tree!

Welcome to the forum, Redwood. I would say to you, don't worry about "finding" anything. From a reading of the Gospels, especially John's, the Holy Spirit will find you. Peace and love on your journey.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit