The Very Peculiar Fear of Satan

by R.F. 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

18 We know that no one begotten by God sins; but the one begotten by God He protects, and the evil one cannot touch him.
    19 We know that we belong to God, and the whole world is under the power of the evil one.
    20 We also know that the Son of God has come and has given us discernment to know the One who is true. And we are in the One who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

The above references are taken from 1 John 5. It was only after I left the JW's that I read the Scriptures in context. What the above is saying is that we don't have to fear Satan or any other gods if we are in the Father and the Son. But, of course the WTS doesn't want us to have that assurance. They want us to look to them for security. Cunning, deceitful bastards!

Snowbird

• R.F.
    R.F.

Another JW I know...everytime she has problems with any equipment...blender, mixer, a/c ...whatever. She blames demons in it. I said well why don't you give it to me? But no. If she continues to use it and have problems, she will throw it out. She wont give it to someone else or have someone fix it. She does not want to be blood guilty of passing on demonized stuff.

I hope she realizes that almost everything we use will break down eventually. I guess the manufacturer didn't apply the "anti-demon equipment protector".

The above references are taken from 1 John 5. It was only after I left the JW's that I read the Scriptures in context. What the above is saying is that we don't have to fear Satan or any other gods if we are in the Father and the Son. But, of course the WTS doesn't want us to have that assurance. They want us to look to them for security. Cunning, deceitful bastards!

To protect yourself from Satan and the demons you must do more in field service, read all the publications, and attend meetings. That is the basic essence of all of articles pertaining to this issue. Of course, in their mind, the WTS believes the only way to be in the Father and Son like you said, is by the activities they promote.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

interesting post RF, especially coming from a younger person...very insightful.

I too have often wondered why people think Satan or Jehovah micromanage our lives? Why do people blame every bad thing on Satan and credit every good thing to Jehovah? Does this mean we really don't have free will after all? If we believe that, then we really are just robots or puppets in the hands of some deviant extraterrestrial beings. Free will ...isn't that what the whole fantasy about allowing Adam and Eve to produce offspring was all about...allowing humans to excercise free will?

If you believe the Bible (aka Book of Fantasy)....even the angels had free will...doesnt it say somewhere that "a third of the heavens were swept out" or some such nonsense, speaking of the demons being cast out of the heavens? A THIRD of the PERFECT ANGELS decided to follow Satan? I never believed that crap...even though I used that account all the time in talks...Does that make any damn sense to anyone other than JW's? But I guess other religions take it a step further and add hell to the mix. ..... Is "Jehovah" so inept as to create not one but two people who screwed up on earth and then created how many angels that ended up turning on him? If angels were automobiles, there would be a massive recall. Inept....NO....Fantasy....YES

RF...fear is what creates control....mind control....control the mind you control the person and their actions.....and their pocketbooks. Get people to let loose of their hard earned cash and time.... to follow the ramblings of a book publishing corporation in the guise of religion. Who was it that said: "Religion is the opium of the people." ? Keep the JW R&F happy with the high of a future (always future carrot in front of them) paradise and you have them right where you want them.

The internet has created a way out for people to somewhat privately search for real answers. I dont think there are real answers to life's existence but the JW answers are not answers at all.

excellent post RF...

Snakes ()

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thanks Snakes.

Keep the JW R&F happy with the high of a future (always future carrot in front of them) paradise and you have them right where you want them.

The internet has created a way out for people to somewhat privately search for real answers. I dont think there are real answers to life's existence but the JW answers are not answers at all.

So true. Keep something in front of them that will take all of their problems away, while at the same time keeping them locked so tightly in the JW coccoon by instilling a fear of the outside to them.

You also mentioned the importance of the internet here. I personally believe that the internet will be seen as the biggest thread by the WTS thus leading them to an outright banning of it.....not an official ban however but by more mind numbing as to the "dangers" of the internet. They will make it to the point that a JW would view it as something unneccessary to use since they would be beaten over the head about the issue and be "displeasing Jehovah" by not listening to the "Slave".

That's why I use the term dangerous alot more now when referring to the organization. They accuse Satan, but they are the very evil they preach against.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    "Your mother is having bad dreams again, do you have anything you can give me to make her be quiet?"

I told him I could find something and he said just put it on the steps. I went to my secret hiding spot, grabbed one of my lesser enjoyed comics and left it out for my dad. After the demonic sacrifice, my mom calmed down.

I kept my comic collection, mom went back to sleep and dad got some peace

That is funny and sad at the same time! Your poor mom.

BB

• Gopher
    Gopher

The JW concept of "spiritual warfare" between Jehovah and Satan causes a lot of this. Jehovah and Satan are supposedly fighting over each and every WItness in some sort of showdown. Satan supposedly already has all the non-JW's in his grip, so he's CONCENTRATING on the Witnesses. At least that's what they are continually told.

So the JW doctrine about the permission of evil, and Jehovah having only JW's on his side to prove his side, evokes this "us against the world and the Devil" mentality, cancelling out all reasonable approaches to human discussion and interaction.

This obsession with the Devil is quite superstitious, something that most JW's probably don't even begin to understand themselves.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here is how much I currently fear Satan:

• I got a computer and went online, ultimately intentionally seeking out apostate Web sites. No, I did not stumble onto them--I actively hunted for them.
    • I blew off the Crapmorial in 2006. In fact, that day I went out and bought a Ouija board. Those things are famous among the Witlesses as being tools of Satan.
    • I shredded every single Puketower and Asleep magazine I could find--there had to have been a pile at least 4 feet tall. While there may still be one, or even a bunch of them floating around not accounted for, I will shred them if they ever turn up.
    • I bought Christmas decorations from two companies that sell nothing else (where else are you going to get demon infestation from?). Included are crosses, "demons", and "Satan Clauses". I also have Christmas music going at times, with some sprinkled in my computer.
    • I haven't bothered to say a prayer to Jehovah since 1995 (what a waste of time those things were). I haven't done anything theocraptic since 2005.
    • I have a number of books from a "secret society" that the Puketower decries--at that, one that subscribes to an atheist viewpoint and philosophy.
    • I listen to rap music, as well as heavy metal. I have a number of songs from demon-worshiping Jimmy Page (aka, Led Zeppelin and the Honeydrippers) in my computer. I play the song Sympathy For the Devil by The Rolling Stones--great song.
    • I read my horoscope in the paper. Granted I do that for entertainment purposes only since they are too generalized, but that is supposed to be from Satan.

As anyone can see, I have absolutely no fear of Satan. If anything, I see God as a Tyrant that wantonly destroys people for not blindly following Him, regardless of how much value they create for society. And, I cannot see blaming Satan for a problem that persists for decades since Jehovah alone is capable of causing such problems. Even if Satan wanted to cause such problems, Jehovah would easily have been able to wipe them out. But if Jehovah caused all these problems and Satan tried to wipe them out, Satan would not be able to. Go figure.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

"didn't want Satan to hear something and use it against her."
    I remember my mother telling me this one. Its like the dub's use satan as the boogie man to scare people into obedience.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Of course the JW's are in fear of satan.

After all, he is the god who rules their world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit