Did You Enjoy Listening to the Scriptures on Tape?

by prophecor 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prophecor
    prophecor

Reading the scriptures took on a whole new meaning when listening to the written word elloquently delivered on tapes.

Did you enjoy listening, as well?

• R.F.
    R.F.

I always found myself getting tired when listening.....I don't know why.

So no, I wasn't too fond of it.

R.F.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

no

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Well, we would subscribe to the subscription of getting tapes and they would stay in their little brown package for months...so I'd have to say no. Personally, they were boring.

• horrible life
    horrible life

33 years ago......

In 3 weeks kids, our family of 5, are going to get into our little Volkswagen Beetle, and drive 1000+ miles one way, on vacation. This year, I have a surprise for all of you!!!! I won't tell you, until we all get in the car, and get ready to pull out of the driveway.

2 weeks to go.

Dad, Dad, please tell us the surprise!!!!! No. Don't want to spoil it, you kids can wait.

1 week to go

Still can't tell you. just a few more days.

The day has come

15 year old tall boy, fat 12 year old girl, weird 9 year old boy, all in the back seat, of a 2 door VW Beetle. Mom and Dad in the front seat. Car packed to the gills. Can hardly move. Got Vienna sausage sandwiches ready for our eat in the car lunch in a few hours, got a large 1 gallon thermos at moms feet.

Kids, says mom, put this thermos back with you, I can't stand anything around my feet.

Now for the surprise, finally, at least there is going to be one good thing about this trip. I can't wait.

Dad says, Kids, you know how mom likes country music, and I like classical, and you don't? Yessss

Dad reaches under his seat, and puts our tape recorder, the size of half of a shoe box, on the emergency brake, and clicks PLAY.

OMG!!!!!! A man with a booming voice, reading the Bible. Dad was smiling ear to ear. We smiled too, with fear in our eyes, fearing he would whop our heads if we didn't smile. He brought the WHOLE set!!! Couldn't even read a book, or sleep, damn thing kept playing for days. What a way to make your kids love Jah.

• choosing life
    choosing life

It was an easy way to get the Bible highlights covered while I worked around the house. Killed 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.

• eclipse
    eclipse

OMFG, that's pure torture HL

((((hugs you))))

• prophecor
    prophecor

Yeah, What She ( Eclipse ) said!!!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Thanks, guys, its all rushing back to me. I can still hear that booming voice. Where do they get those guys? And why do they think they need that certain voice? (remember the 10 commandments movie)

Sorry, I never answered the question. NO!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never wasted the money on those damn tapes. I thought the printed reference Bible was good enough, and even that was a total waste when I found all the faults with the NWT that they blamed on the King James version.

If I would have had to listen to that crap, I would have loved to hear a nice crinkling noise as the noise made by the tape playback abruptly stopped. Then they would have to pull the tape out, untangle the mess of tape, and break the tape trying to put it all back together, burying one or both ends so they couldn't splice it. Then when they go to pull the housing out so they could access the tape, the tape comes unwound and gets totally ruined. If only that would have happened...

I have had Bible drama tapes from the Puketower Society. I found one (meaning that there are likely two more unaccounted for), erased it, and put Christmas music on it. I also had Kingdumb Maladies tapes 1-8 from back when they were on tapes. Those also got erased, and I put rap music on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit