Ahhhh.....Christmas Is On It's Way....Wooohooo!!!

by BlackPearl 20 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I celebrated my first Christmas last year and can't wait till this year's season. This is picture of a town not far from where I live, it's Leavenworth, Washington.

BP

Merry Christmas!!

• Purza
    Purza

Beautiful! Although I am still enjoying the summer, you are right - Christmas is just around the corner.

Merry Christmas to you.

Purza

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I already have three presents...I'm on my way! I have several more picked out and need to go pick them up. I love shopping early because I have time to think of really special presents for each person I buy for. Makes me feel good inside.

I remember when I first stopped being a JW and celebrated X mas..I would just buy stuff! Now I really put thought into it and it is much more fun...

Snoozy...

• BFD
    BFD

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I started my shopping in May. My brothers and sisters have more than made up for my lack of spawn so if I don't start early I'd break the bank.

BFD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..And..I thought I liked Christmas!..LOL!!..It`s still 3 months away..You need a hobby.....Let me guess..Christmas is your hobby!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

That's beautiful, I've been thinking it's getting really close to being time to put up the tree. My favorite thing about Christmas is the lights at night and how the air is cold and everything just smells sort of happy, if that makes any sense? I love Christmas! Of course it makes me miss some of my close friends I used to have in the past that I celebrated with before- that aren't arund anymore, but I can't wait ;-)

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I have only one Mother(in law) left and we enjoy what time we have left with her. Our family is in contact with her every day. My JW friend always has to not call or visit his mom at Christmas. It must break her heart every year. Too bad the WT bastards have sucked the joy of life out of him and replaced it with this love-bomb s**t you all have mentioned. Too bad . We here get some snow, but usually it's just after Christmas, but it's the colours I remember when I was a kid.

Those wierd bubble lights-the rotating floodlight shining on the aluminium trees at the stores (many years ago)- the icicles on the eaves with the outdoor lights surrounding them-the cards with the flakes embossed on them-sometimes the snow on an outdoor tree with the lights on them-intricate displays on the neighbours yards-and the best-the music. Gotta love it.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I'm still working on halloween...though I have 2 small children to think of. They want certain costumes and lots of candy

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I already have my Christmas tree set up. I put the lights along each branch, securing them to an inner
    branchlet, running them along the branch to the outer tip, and then back to the center. The effect is a 3-D
    lighting that seems to originate from the center of the tree. I also buried some ornaments in the center of the
    tree. Doing that will allow you to use those have-seen-better-days ornaments without its being so obvious,
    and allow more of a 3-D effect in that as well.

It is amazing how many ornaments a Christmas tree, properly decorated, will take. I have more than 750
    lights, and it looks spectacular (LEDs, C6 size). There are probably 160 ornaments on the tree now, and
    it looks like it could easily take another 100 and still look skimpy. Any first-timers, be forewarned that you
    are going to need far more ornaments on that mother to make it look spectacular like the showcases you
    see in department stores than you might think.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

WTWizard - Can you post some pictures of your tree?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit