Don't worry they are going nowhere

by The-Borg 19 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They could follow my rules: No initiating the use of force, coercion, or fraud against another person or their property.

If they just did that, there would be none of the many other rules that they have placed on people. I am not initiating the use of any of the above by wearing a light blue shirt with a navy suit, unbuttoning the collar button when it is hot and muggy, or wearing jeans and T-shirts (without false advertising or vulgar, for the sake of children) after a$$embly sessions. Nor would they have such a problem getting people to stay in.

And they wouldn't have an apostasy problem. If they did not initiate force, coercion, or fraud, anyone who turns apostate would have to resort to specious arguments to get people to think it's the wrong place. And many thinking people would see through them and stay with the organization. Of course, it also means not making promises and then going out of their way to break them (that counts as initiatory fraud). Without those things, they would have a hard time being called a cult by someone with a straight face since a cult cannot exist without initiating fraud to get people in and coercion and/or force to keep them.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    Love bombing is not love and never will be,

I agree, 'love bombing' is just a JW routine practice for every potential new convert.It is a momentary show of overwhelming affection designed to impress the subject into thinking very positive about the Brothers & Sisters and feeling wanting to come back for more. It's a false, cunning, sly, devious and insincere practice that the WT has indoctrinated into its followers.

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome, The_Borg......this is exactly why my husband quit going to meetings, only 2 years after he was baptized.

He first saw this lack of love, the day he was baptized, when the elder who studied with him, would not make it to his baptism, as he had to keep his business open ....my parents weren't there either, and they wanted us to wait to be married until he was baptized!!

It is truly a love-bombing for the newly interested ones, to get them hooked, then once they get dunked in the ceremonial baptismal pool, they are left on their own. The invitations cease....they become just another "number".

• Mum
    Mum

In Barbara Grizzutti Harrison's book (available on freeminds.org), she makes the point that most JW's who leave don't make a conscious decision to leave, but feel pushed out. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case with the majority here.

• parakeet
    parakeet

The-Borg wrote: "The greatest thing that is holding this organisation is the LACK OF LOVE."

I think the most powerful force holding the organization together is fear -- fear of losing what they perceive as love from their fellow JWs, the WTS, and from their god.

-------------------------------

Mum wrote: "In Barbara Grizzutti Harrison's book (available on freeminds.org), she makes the point that most JW's who leave don't make a conscious decision to leave, but feel pushed out."

• greendawn
    greendawn

I certainly didn't witness any real fraternal ambience in the JW congo I was with or in any of the neighbouring ones. One thing they failed to develop and the GB clearly doesn't care about developing is this area of brotherly love.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Excellent topic, The-Borg!

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Genuine love, genuine friendship will last a lifetime not the lifetime of your religion.

Borg,

Thanks for opening up an old wound..................seriously.

I have received more phone calls from a friend that I made in high school, (when I was 17) in the last year, than I have from anyone in my congregation in the last 5 years.

And my wife has the nerve to ask me when I'm going back!!!!!!!!!???????

Warlock

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Try not to wince.

*** w52 12/15 p. 747 District Assemblies During 1952 ***

Vainly the world tries by selfish pursuits, by self-indulgence, pleasure-seeking and excesses to find joy and happiness. On the other hand, Jehovah’s witnesses by engaging in the pure worship are seen to be the happiest and most joyful people under the sun.

*** w61 7/1 p. 387 Neighbor Love No Substitute for Love of God ***

Thus it is a common failing in Christendom to be concerned only about showing neighbor love, letting the more important commandment, to love God with one’s whole heart, mind, soul and strength, be entirely lost sight of. So we find many well-meaning professed Christians busying themselves with the "social gospel," with humanitarian projects, such as fighting diseases, political corruption, economic and social evils, but they give little if any thought to the first and greater commandment, to whether this truly is God’s will for them or not. Consciously or unconsciously they justify their lack of love of God because of their demonstrating what they consider to be neighbor love.... True, those manifesting neighbor love may insist that they love God and this is the way they show it. But that is merely their own construction of matters. God’s Word tells us that "this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments." So unless we obey God’s requirements for us we may not claim to be loving him.

*** km 12/87 pp. 3-4 par. 5 Anticipating the Needs of the Harvest ***

At times, it may be necessary to deny ourselves some of the things we would really like to have in order to support Jehovah’s house of worship. It is not unusual to observe this taking place among Jehovah’s people today. (Prov. 3:9, 10) It is this self-sacrificing love for the worldwide brotherhood in obedience to Jesus’ "new commandment" and example that makes Jehovah’s Witnesses stand out today as true disciples.

*** w90 11/15 p. 14 pars. 13-14 "The Greatest of These Is Love" ***

[T]he world is so joyless because of selfishness, the lack of love. But Jehovah’s Witnesses have love among themselves, and they have love for their heavenly Father. ... Love is also greater than the spirit’s fruit of peace. Because of the lack of love, the world is filled with friction and strife. But Jehovah’s people are at peace with one another throughout the earth.

*** w05 9/1 p. 26 Mennonites Search for Bible Truth ***

A few days later, the church elders came to the home of Johann’s family with an ultimatum for the interested ones: "We heard that Jehovah’s Witnesses visited you. You must forbid them to return, and unless you hand over their literature to be burned, you face expulsion." They had had just one Bible study with the Witnesses, so this presented a formidable test. "We cannot do as you ask," replied one of the family heads. "Those people came to teach us the Bible." How did the elders react? They expelled them for studying the Bible! This was a cruel blow indeed. The cart belonging to the colony cheese factory passed by the home of one family without collecting their milk, denying them their only source of income. One family head was dismissed from his job. Another was turned away from buying supplies at the colony store, and his ten-year-old daughter was expelled from school.... Many Mennonites complain about a lack of love in their community. But Jehovah’s Witnesses take an interest in one another.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    Vainly the world tries by selfish pursuits, by self-indulgence, pleasure-seeking and excesses to find joy and happiness. On the other hand, Jehovah’s witnesses by engaging in the pure worship are seen to be the happiest and most joyful people under the sun.

What a load of tosh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit