Ever have a "paranormal" event or experienced something unexplicable?

by fedorE 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• fedorE
    fedorE

I know a person who is not prone to embellish. This person says they were travelling at a good rate of speed. There was nothing wrong and they were listening to music at the time they were driving. Then for NO reason ie: no warning like railroad signs or alarms, or the sound of a train, or the sound of a speeding car ...nothing..he suddenly felt he needed to stop the car. Which he did just before another car went right through his green light a few seconds later. He says he doesnt know why he did it. He had no warning or idea whatsoever that there would be a car going through. He says he just "felt it". He reacted on a feeling... That reaction saved him unnecessary suffering.

Now how many ppl do u know that save themselves out of a drunk driver accident before it happens? Doesn't happen. If it did we'd be getting decreases in our insurance premiums. Lots of lives would be saved. So it doesnt make sense that it should happen to one person and not to everyone? So like so many stories were left with Maybe this and Maybe that. I prefer to say I DONT KNOW.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I've mentioned this before-- I have had premonitions, several. They are not fun as they usually indicate something unpleasant is about to happen. In one case it was a very good friend. they had cancer and I knew about it months prior to them ever getting an exam. it was a a sad experience.

I have also been touched by the spirit realm . I would have fallen over my dog (inside my home) but something grabbed my left forearm and steadied me. I was a bit shaken, but grateful.

Nursing homes and hospitals are famous for spirits. A lot of people who work in the medical field have had similar experiences as our poster who worked in a jw nursing home..

• Dawn
    Dawn

I have had a number of "experiences" where I feel something "wrong" with a person or situation. I believe that this comes from the fact that our subconscious can pick up on a lot that our conscious mind ignores. We tend to rely so much on our sense of sight, but our subconscious recongizes much more: scent, manerisms, sounds, expressions, things we may not actually consciously recognize.

I have learned to listen to that voice when something or someone feels "not quite right" and realize that my subconscious (or 6th sense so to speak) is warning me.

Case in point: a number of years ago I got a flat tire and was walking to the nearest quick mart to call my brother for help. It was raining out and a car stopped and the guy offered me a ride. For some reason I can't explain, I got a bad feeling about him and so I did not approach the car but politely declined from a distance. He opened his driver's side door and again encouraged me to get in out of the rain and he'd give me a ride. I declined again - at that point he went into a rage and started yelling at me and calling me names, then slammed his door and sped off. I know to this day if I had not listened to that subconscious thought that jumped into my mind, had gotten into his car, I would not be here today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit