Hot Peppers

by Stealth453 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

On just about everything. We have some beauts in the garden this year. They are really hot, but when we put them in salsa, they weren't so hot. Anyone know what's up with that? Is it the vinegar, maybe?

LOL, one time I made spaghetti and put too many peppers in. It was a nonstick pan, and it ate the nonstick coating right off it.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "We have some beauts in the garden this year. They are really hot, but when we put them in salsa, they weren't so hot. Anyone know what's up with that?"

I dunno... there is a lady where I work that we took a bunch of those chili pequins to - and she made a salsa using them. Man-o-man! is that salsa hot! But good!

Regards,

Jim TX

• logic
    logic

I grow them and eat them. Other people also grow different ones for me. I got hooked on hot peppers when I was around 12 years old in new mexico. A welder friend of my dad made a very hot chili in his shop, because his wife would not let him make it in the house, from then on hot food was my favorite. It got to the point that I don't like food unless it is hot. I have never had digestive problems from peppers. The hottest pepper I have ever grown and eaten is the red habenero. I collect pepper extract sauces, but they are definitely not fo the timid. The best thing to cool the effect of peppers is alcholic drinks, but I don't drink anymore, so anything acetic helps.

I have heard crazy stories about the bad effects of peppers, but I personally seen by friend eat one of my jalepeno peppers I grew in an area of my garden that were always extraordinaly hot, it caused him to lose his breath and actually caused a couple blisters to form on his lips. Funny, I could never get him to try another pepper of any kind after that.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I used to put a little tabasco sauce on my eggs in the morning. Did that for a few yrs. One day, i noticed that it didn't burn much anymore. Then, i started putting more and better pepper on. Now, i look for the strongest stuff that i can find. Yum.

S

• Gregor
    Gregor

I have a small jar of African Bird pepper. It has been dried and ground into a very fine powder. No matter how carefully I open the jar I start to sneeze and a tiny pinch of it sprinkled over a couple of eggs will make your mouth glow in the dark. I love peppers of all kinds. I used to eat the pickled ones but I prefer fresh ones, seranos and jalapenos especially. I notice the heat level of market peppers is very inconsistent. The tiny Thai peppers are extremely hot.

• Mum
    Mum

I love them all! A few drops of hot pepper sauce in soups, bread batter, or anything else, acts as a flavor enhancer. It's the secret to my best soups, stews, casseroles, cornbread, and biscuits.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I love em aswell pal especially the red ones. The green ones arent bad either or Jalepreno peppers are nice aswell (but not quite as hot). The only trouble is the next day after eating a load of em your arse is on fire.

• Gregor
    Gregor

The day after arse fire can be soothed by a bowl of ice cream either eaten immediately after the peppers or slathered on the anus after your incendiary bm

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I like them when they make my eyes drip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit