Meeting unknown ex dubs for first time

by greendawn 16 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

the only person i met on here in person was IP_SEC. he was a dick. lol

just kidding, we had a great time. that bond we all share is something special.

• greendawn
    greendawn

If what they say is true that there are as many ex dubs as there are dubs then there must be quite a lot of them around especially in a country like the US which has over a million dubs and therefore ex dubs. Could include in that the one time JW kids and now adults that never got baptised.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Been privileged to meet bunches and bunches. Its just like real life. Sometimes there is chemistry and sometimes not. Nearly always solidarity.

I appreciate the exies that have been out longer, still being around to show newexies that there is life after JWland. That can be hard. Looking at the JW topics is of almost no interest to me.

Personally the only reason I still come here is because of having a lot of what I consider true friends. Even if that chemistry isnt there, you are all (mostly :P) special to me.

Bigdrew, even you alt

• prophecor
    prophecor

There was a time when I worked with a Dub, me being an ex-Dub, and him having no clue that I was. To see how he would try to play the goodie good witness thing out was sometimes comical. He listened to rap music, tried as hard as he could not to use colorful language. As time went by, I came to view him as a slacker. Only interested in himself and just a rather difficult person to be around.

• fresia
    fresia

I think it can depend on why they are ex-JW's, not all are honest either, not all are dishonest. Some are very bitter for good reasons others just couldn't hack it., still others have a very good bible knowledge and have legitamate biblical reasons for debate and want to challenge to society.

I found it all very interesting, and though I am on the fence so to speak I can see both sides of issues and without blame finding it is always good to see the fence and whats on either side from a non judgemental point of view.

I have always maintained some of the best folk ever met in the org, and some of the worst, and their are others that need the org, they know no other life and fear what they don't really know, they neither hve the courage or the will to leave even knowing that the org is wrong, and for some in power it is an ego trip they love the power and lording it over others, I find these ones the worst type of witness as in the world they would be booted up the ar*se like no bodies buisness, but in the org they are someone, even if they are only 5ft tall and full of sh*t.

• tula
    tula

maybe we should have some method of identification.

The masons have their rings; the eastern star have their "special question" casually asked.

Maybe we should have like a ribbon thingy. It could be shredded on the ends and with a couple of those B&W rolling eyeballs to symbolize "awake"...

What do you say. Do we need an identifiable ICON to wear?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Greendawn:

I like your new avatar and I saw the male symbol and knew you were a man before.

As far as meeting any ex dubs: I have never met any and have never gone to any ex dub meeting anywhere.

I am fading and feel I have to be careful. There is always the fear that a so-called ex dub will go back to the religion and they will be compelled to spill their guts.

LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit